Chapter 22 - The Pensieve

a/n Hi, sorry I havent posted in a while. I was dealing with some stuff. But i'm all good now and ready to post :) Enjoyyyyy!

Katianne's POV

"Oh I remember, I remember when I first met you all. Biggest bunch of misfits I've ever set eyes on! I suppose you reminded me of me-self a little. Now here we all are, four years later..." Hagrid spoke while the trio and I walked with him through a dark forest.

"We're still a bunch of misfits." Ron declared, a wide smile spread on his face, as a small chuckle left his lips straight after. "Well, maybe then. We still got each other. And the Potter's of course."

Both my twin and I, who were walking quite far ahead from the lot, turned around and smiled slightly at what Hagrid just mentioned. "Soon to be... THE YOUNGEST TRIWIZARD CHAMPIONS THERE'S EVER BEEN!" He then shouted.

From behind me, I heard them sing something. I was going to join them, but the alarmed look on my brother's face stopped me. I then felt a sharp pain on my scar. I turned to look at Harry, noticing that he was grabbing his scar.

Suddenly, we saw someone's leg poking out from behind a tree. I widened my eyes, not believing what I was seeing. We both walked closer to find a dead body, laying lifeless on the ground. But not just any dead body. Barty Crouch's.

"Mr. Crouch?" The raven haired boy asked, not believing that he was dead. I just widened my eyes, mouth hanging open, but no sound came out.

Time skip

Both Harry and I walked through the strange entrance of Dumbledore's office, the shock look never leaving our faces. We immediately started walking in, stopping at the sound of people talking.

"A man has died here, Fudge. And he won't be the last. You must take action." It was Dumbledore. "I will not! In times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore!" Who I'm guessing is Fudge, argued. The raven haired boy and I stood behind the closed blue door, listening in on the conversation.

"Then for once show them some!" Dumbledore sternly responded. "The Triwizard Tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward!" Fudge then said. "A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think." Dumbledore debated. "What did you say? What did you say to me?" Fudge question, an offended tone laced in his voice.

"Excuse me gentlemen.. It may interest you to know, this conversation is no longer private." Mad-eye Moody, I think, spoke, opening the door, revealing us to the three adults. "Oh Harry, Katianne. How good to see you two again!" Fudge beamed, holding his arms out.

"W- we can come back later, Professor." My twin stammered while I just kept silent. "Oh not necessary. The minister and I are done. I'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you." The white haired Professor replied, walking towards us.

"Oh, and, do feel free to indulge in a little Liqorice Snap in my absence. But I have to warn you, they're a wee bit sharp." Dumbledore then said, me furrowing my eyebrows in confusion on the change of topics. All of them walked out, Mad-eye Moody glaring at us before closing the door.

Right after the blue door was closed, meaning we were alone in the headmaster's office, Harry started curiously looking around the room. He then walked towards the bowl of Licorice Snap, was it called? Grabbing a handful. "Are you seriously going to eat those?" I questioned, leading to him shrugging, while I rolled my eyes at his lack of response.

The raven haired boy carefully grabbed one of the Licorice Snaps from his hand, which led to it jumping up and taking a big bite of his finger. My twin winced, his back hitting a cabinet, as all the Licorice Snaps in his hand were jumping out.

More tried to bite him, as the boy shook his hand vigorously. I was doubled over laughing when he tried to catch the ones that were running away. "Shut up!" I heard him mumble, leading to me laughing even harder.

We stopped our actions, hearing the sound of something opening. We both snapped our head towards the direction of the sound, locating a large bowl-like thing with glowing blue water inside of it. Both of us decided to walk over to it, letting our curiosity take over. I watched Harry examine it, taking his wand out, swishing it over the water as the glowing blue turned yellow. 

"You're not seriously considering dumping your head in that thing, are you?" I asked, one of my eyebrows raised. "It's worth a try." My twin replied, slowly putting his head into the water. "Idiot." I mumbled under my breath, crossing my arms over my chest.

Time skip

After a while, Harry suddenly took his head out of the water, and harshly fell onto the ground. I immediately kneeled down next to him. "Are you ok? What did you see?" I quizzed, which was cut off by Dumbledore appearing next to the big bowl of glowing water. I quickly helped my brother up, both of us shocked by the headmaster's appearance.

"Curiosity is not a sin. But you should exercise caution." The white haired Professor spoke, while both the raven haired boy and I walked closer to him. "It's a Pensieve. Very useful if, like me, you find your mind a wee bit stretched. It allows me to see once more things I've already seen." Dumbledore explained.

"You see, I've searched and searched for something. A small detail. Something I might have overlooked. Something that would explain why these terrible things have happened. Every time I get close to an answer, it slips away." Dumbledore complained, sitting down on the ground. "It's maddening." He continued.

"Sir? Mr. Crouch's son. What happened to him?" My twin asked, completely ignoring the long paragraph the Professor just said. "He was sent to Azkaban. Destroyed Barty to do it." Dumbledore answered, leaving me confused on where this conversation is going. "But he had no choice. The evidence was overwhelming. Why do you ask?"

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

"It's just that I... I had a dream about him." Harry expounded. "Yeah, I had one too. It was in the summer, before school." I continued, finishing his sentence. Dumbledore stood up, a confused look on his face. Harry proceeded to explain what happened in the dream, while I just stood there.

Wait, so the other man in the dream was just Mr. Crouch's son? How would Harry know? "Have there been others like this dream?" The white haired Professor asked, leading to both Harry and I saying 'yes' in unison. "It's always the same one." I elaborated.

That led to the headmaster looking at me, then back at Harry, then straight forward, walking past the both of us. He went straight to the bowl of water, which we now know is a 'Pensieve', leaning against it.

"Sir, these dreams... what I- we see. You don't think it's actually happening, do you?" The raven haired boy questioned, which led to the headmaster snapping his head towards him, eyes wide enough to pop out.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke up. "I think it's unwise for you to linger over these dreams. I think it's best if you simply..." Dumbledore started saying, but paused, pointing his wand to his head, pulling out a glowing white string-looking thing.

"...cast them away." He finished the sentence, as he put the glowing string in the Pensieve, Harry nodding at the statement.

1262 words