Chapter 14 - Getting a Date

Italics is note

Harry's POV

"Why did you dance with Malfoy!?" I spat while my twin just rolled her eyes. "It was just a dance. For class. Everyone already had a partner, so he chose to dance with me. It's not a big deal. Didn't mean anything."

I still glared at her. "What's going on between you two. And don't lie." Katia just stared at me as if I was a mad person. "Nothing!" The brunette girl squeaked out. I hummed suspiciously and turned to look away.

"Why do they always have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one alone to ask them?" I asked rhetorically. "Blimey Harry! You can slay a dragon but not get a date. If you can't, who can?" She joked and I scoffed. "Shush it. You don't have a date either. Unless there is one you're not telling me about!" I commented, getting skeptical.

The blue eyed girl rolled her eyes at me once again. "And to answer your question, girls being with other girls is like a confidence boost, y'know. Oh, and gossiping!" We walked in front of this large group of Ravenclaw girls. They all scowled at me, staring me down. I smiled sheepishly and my sister dragged me away. "I think I'd like to take a dragon right now."

Time skip, Next day

I was in class, writing inside my notebook with a quill. "This is mad. At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Professor Snape slapped the back of my redhead friend's head, but he ignored the warning to stop talking. "Well, us and Neville." The blue eyed boy beside me corrected.

"But then again, he can take himself." I told him. "It might be an interest for you to know that Neville has already got someone." The girl with caramel brown eyes declared. "Now I'm really depressed." He looked down then his brother secretly handed him a piece of paper, trying not to get caught.

The youngest Weasley boy opened it and it read: Get a move on or all the good one's will be gone. Ron then whisper-shouted to his brother, Fred, asking, "Who are you going with then?" The Weasley twin crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it at Angelina Johnson.

She mouthed him a 'what', while Fred pointed at her then motioned to himself dancing. The older girl nodded and smiled, going back to work while Ron just groaned. Fred winked at him. The redhead's face then lit up, thinking of an idea.

"Hermione, you're a girl." The frizzy haired girl looked up at him in disbelief. "Oh, well spotted." She replied sarcastically. My best friend started a sentence, doing the little dance thing his brother did earlier to ask out Angelina.

I pulled on his left arm, trying to tell him that the teacher was coming, but I was too late. He banged his head with this book in his hands, then at me. What did I even do?

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad." We both turned to look at a fuming Granger. "I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's already asked me."

She closed her book, walking towards the greasy haired Professor. He snatched it from her hands and she stomped back to us. "And I said yes!" She growled, taking the rest of her books and storming out.

"Bloody hell." The redhead lowly shrieked. "She's lying." He spoke, probably telling himself that more than to me. "If you say so." I looked away and wrote more things into my notebook.

"Look. We've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight, when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?" I nodded. "Agreed." Suddenly someone was shoving our head closer to the table and we both groaned.

Time skip, Next day

Katia and I were walking up the stairs to the owlery, just to check if Sirius gave us any mail or something. "Why are you walking like that?" I looked towards my sister, who was wearing an oversized grey sweater with a long sleeved, black and white striped turtleneck underneath. She had a wool white scarf loosely wrapped around her neck.