Chapter 12 - Celebrating

TW: Slight mentions of eating disorders, slight sexual content and slight swearing

Harry's POV

I am now back in the Gryffindor common room. I stood in the middle and raised the golden egg to show everyone while all of them cheered. Even the drawings were clapping. The Weasley twins came out of nowhere and picked me up, which led to me chucking the golden egg at the crowd around me so they could have a closer look.

"We knew you wouldn't die Harry!" George exclaimed. "Lose a leg." Fred started saying. "Or an arm." George continued. "Pack it in together." Fred then said. "Never!" They finished in unison. Seamus shushed everyone and pecked the top of the golden egg, handing it back to me. "Go on, Harry, what's the clue?"

I reached for the egg and raised it in the air once again. "Who wants me to open it? You want me to open it?" I asked and everyone cheered in response, encouraging me to open it. I twisted the top part and the golden areas of the egg fell open, which hatched a yellow bubbly thing that made a loud, uncomfortable, screeching sound.

The redhead twins dropped me, which hurt, first of all. Everyone covered their ears and I finally reached for it, closing the egg, stopping the shrieking of the egg. A certain redhead Weasley walked in. "What the bloody hell was that?"

"Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosey sobs listening in." One of the twins spoke up, shooing everyone away. They all slowly scurried back to what they were doing and my used-to-be best friend walked up to me.

"I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the goblet of fire." I nodded slightly and responded with, "Caught on have you? Took you long enough." There was an attitude laced in my voice. "Wasn't just me who thought you'd done it. Everyone was saying it behind your back."

I looked around at everyone and stared back at him. "Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better." I sarcastically barked back. "But most people did think it was Katia. She seemed very excited to be in the tournament." My eyes switched to an angry look. "B- but I didn't say anything about her." Ron declared, attempting to make the situation better.

"At least I warned you about the dragons." He then said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Hagrid warned me about the dragons." He leaned forward a bit and grabbed my arm.

"No, no, no. I did. Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought you'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out." The blue eyed boy slightly squinted his eyes and looked down.

"Who-  who could possibly figure that out. That's completely mental." I half-heartedly laughed as he chuckled slightly. "It is, isn't it? I supposed I was a bit distraught." Hermione shook her head at us. "Boys." The Gryffindor girl murmured, looked away then looked back.

"Oh, and, where's your sister?" Ron questioned me. "She didn't want to come. Not really the type of person to celebrate stuff. She went back to her dorm." The youngest Weasley boy furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "No, no. We can't let that happen."

I shot him a confused look. "She should be congratulated too, whether or not she likes it. Plus, I kinda do owe her, for doubting her for so long." I shrugged my shoulders at his statement and nodded my head in agreement.

"And how do you suppose we get into the Slytherin common room?" Both our heads turned to the curly haired girl, who rolled her eyes at us. Hermione always somehow knew a way to everything.

We then walked to the dungeons. "Pureblood." Hermione whispered. "That's the password. Really?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders and we walked in.

"What are you people doing down here?" I heard a familiar voice quiz. "That's none of your business, Malfoy." I spat at him. "Well it is my business since I am a Slytherin and you're not." He responded, voice dripping with venom.