Chapter 11 - First Task

TW: Swearing, mentions of blood and injuries

No one's POV

It was the day of the first task. The dragon task. The crowd was cheering and the Weasley twins were taking in bets, doing 'business' as they usually do. "Bets, place your bets!" Fred yelled through the noise. "Bets taken, bets taken here." George shouted afterwards.

"Step up folks, who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?" One of the twins said. "Smart money's on Krum to survive. Any bets?" The other redhead twin continued. "No yes sir." Fred went to one of the students, who put some money in his open briefcase. "Ten to one for Fleur, there you go, thank you very much."

While the fans outside were all excited, the champions inside this big tent, with a bed for each of them, were terrified as h*ll. The Potter boy was pacing around nervously, as for his twin, she was just sitting on her bed, bouncing her left leg up and down anxiously.

"Your attention, please. This is a great day for all of us." Dumbledore could be heard from outside and a dragon roared. "Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please keep in your seats at all times." The headmaster continued

"Psst. Psst!" Someone whispered outside the curtains of the tent. Harry went next to the curtains to listen to whoever was outside. "Harry? Is that you?" The person continued. "Yeah." He whispered back. "How are you feeling?" The person, who was Hermione, asked. "Okay?"

The girl with coffee brown eyes started nodding, answering for him. The boy with round glasses didn't reply. "The key is to concentrate. After that you just have to-" Harry interrupted the curly haired girl. "Battle the dragon."

The girl with brown eyes whimpered and just came inside the tent, hugging her friend. *Flash*  A photographer and Rita Skeeter walked in, leading to the two Gryffindor's to let go of each other and look in that direction. "Young love. Ahh. How... stirring. If everything goes unfortunately today, you might make the front page."

The blonde woman walked in, followed by the photographer, green quill and orange notebook. "You have no business here. This tent is for champions, and friends." Krum sternly told Skeeter with an accent.

Rita turned around, slightly checking him out. "No matter. We've got what we wanted." And with that, she walked away. The photographer took one more photo and left as well.

"Good day, champions! Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last, the moment has arrived. The moment only five of you can fully appreciate." The white haired headmaster said, walking in, as everyone started gathering in a circle.

"What are you doing here, Ms. Granger?" He questioned, turning to look at the girl. "Oh, uhm... sorry. I'll just go." She then left.

"Barty, the bag." Barty Crouch went forward, taking out a small, navy bag. "Champions, in a circle around me. Ms. Delacour over here, Mr. Krum, Mr. Diggory, Ms. Potter, and... Mr. Potter over here." They shuffled into a circle, all the older people getting out of the circle, while Barty went in the middle. "Now, Ms. Delacour, if you will."

He opened the bag for her as she reached her hand in. The bag sizzled and she slightly flinched in pain, probably due to the pain of the fire breathing of tiny dragons inside. "The Welsh Green." He said as Fleur plopped a green dragon on her hand. The blonde girl worriedly looked up at Madam Maxime and she gave her a reassuring look back.

"Mr. Krum." The boy from Durmstrang did the same. "The Chinese Fireball, ooh." Next he handed the bag to Cedric. "The Swedish Short Snout." Next it went to Katianne. "Oh, the Norweigh Ridgeback. One of the most dangerous dragons." Katianne looked distraught at first but then smirked. "Wicked." That caused everyone to stare at her. "What?"