Chapter 8 - Dragons

TW: Slight suggestions of suicidal jokes

Katianne's POV

I was walking towards the black lake to meet my brother until I felt a pair of strong arms stop me and pin me to a tree. "Ow." I groaned and looked up to see a familiar Slytherin blonde tower over me.

"What do you want?" I asked, shaking his hands away. "To talk to you." I furrowed my eyebrows. "And why is that?" He bent over slightly to be at my level. "Well. You have been ignoring me these past few days." He stated. "Ok. And?" I shrugged my shoulders. "It's not like we're friends or anything."

His face was then mad, like when you take a toddlers candy. Toddlers shouldn't be eating candy in the first place anyways. "I just want to ask some things, ok?" I hesitated, but slowly nodded after that.

"What- what is going on between you and Cedric?" I shook my head and chuckled. "Just friends. What, does Draco Malfoy have a crush on me?" He harshly grabbed both my shoulders and hit me against the tree again. "No!" He spat.

I snorted. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." He let go of my shoulders, putting his hands behind his back. "How did you put your name in the goblet?" I started fidgeting with my rings. "What, is this an interrogation or something?" He looked down and sighed. "Just answer the question." I rolled my eyes at the grey eyed boy.

"I didn't put my name in." He now looked more confused than ever. "So your brother did." I frowned at his wrong approximation. "No he didn't. W- what's the point of this?" He sighed again, this time angrily. "I have to go. Harry is waiting for me." The Slytherin boy's eyes changed from a look of anger to slightly... sad? I don't know. I just walked away.

"Hey!" I waved my hand at my brother and at Neville, who was standing in the water, collecting some plants I think. He's so obsessed with plants. "Hi Katia!"

I sat next to my brother, who was reading a book. Probably trying to figure out what the next task is. "Amazing. Amazing!" Longbottom exclaimed. "Neville! You're doing it again!" I death stared Harry for being so rude and he mouthed me a 'what'. "Oh, right, sorry." Neville apologised.

Harry went back to reading the book, and me trying to figure out what he was reading by looking over his shoulder. "Magical water plants of the highland locks?" Harry asked. "Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea." The Gryffindor boy explained and waved. That led to Harry and I looking back to see who he was waving to.

We saw Ginny following behind Ron and Hermione. "We've already been through enough people. Why don't you just go and do it yourself? Ugh! What do you want me to say again?" I could hear the frizzy haired girl whisper to the redhead boy.

Harry stood up, giving me a hand to help me up. The Granger started walking up to us. "Ronald would like me to tell you... that Seamus told him, that Dean was told by... Parvati, that Hagrid is looking for you." Hermione confusingly told us, trying to remember everything she was meant to say.

"Is that right, well... what?" My brother was already ready to fire back with some 'amazing' comeback until he realised that he had no idea what she was saying.

"Uhhh..." The girl with coffee brown eyes walked back to the youngest Weasley boy and whispered some more things to each other until she walked back. "Dean was told by Parvati that... please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." The girl has completely given up on repeating the sentence.

"Well you can tell Ronald-" The Gryffindor girl turned around to look at us once again. "I'm not an owl!" She shouted, clearly annoyed. Ron glared at my twin before walking away with her friend and sister.

Time skip

Harry and I are now in the forbidden forest, following Hagrid. "Did you bring your father's cloak like I asked you?" The bushy haired man asked. "Yeah, I brought the cloak. Hagrid, where are we going?" The raven haired boy whisper-shouted back.

"You two will see soon enough. Now pay attention, this is important." I furrowed my eyebrows, noticing the orange and green plant on the left side of his chest. "What's with the flower? Hagrid, have you combed your hair?" I questioned, completely ignoring the fact that we were in the woods, at night.

He repositioned the flower and answered. "As a matter of fact I have. You might like to try the same thing now and again. And well, the flower is here because... I like it."

In the distance I heard roaring. "Hagrid?" I heard a familiar voice call out. The black haired man smiled and walked towards the voice. "Oh, the cloak! Put the cloak on." He spoke, remembering. The green eyed boy did as he was told, wrapping us both with the invisibility cloak.

"Bonsoir Olympe." Hagrid said. "Oh Hagrid, I thought you weren't coming. I thought, perhaps, you had... forgotten me." Madam Maxime held both of Hagrid's hands. "Oh, I couldn't forget you Olympe." He reassured her.

My twin fake gagged as I stared in awe. I elbowed Harry in the stomach and we both silently giggled. "What is it that you wanted to show me? When we spoke earlier, you sounded so... exhilarated." She questioned. "You'll be glad you came! Trust me."

They walked towards this bush, and roaring filled my ears again, louder this time. "Ahh, c'est magnifique." She spoke impressively, in a different language. French I'm guessing.

Looking forwards I could see big wooden boxes filled with fire breathing creatures and people running around, doing their jobs. "Can we get closer?" The Beauxbatons headmistress walked nearer to the creatures as the Gryffindor boy stared in fear.

When Madam Maxime couldn't be seen, Harry took off the cloak, so it only showed his and my heads. "Dragons!? That's the first task? You're joking." He hissed. "It's pretty cool if you ask me." I murmured. "Yeah, but I want to live. That's the difference!" I rolled my eyes at him being so tense. "Come on Harry. Listen to your sister. They're seriously misunderstood creatures."

One of the dragons blew an extra long flame, causing my brother to stumble back a little. "Although, I have to admit, that horntail is right nastly piece of work. Poor Ron nearly fainted just seeing him, you know."

Now I had a skeptical look on my face. "Ron was here?" I quizzed. "Oh sure! His brother Charlie helped bring him over from Romania. Didn't Ron tell you that?" Harry's face fell as well. "No he didn't. He didn't tell us a thing."

Time skip, Next day

I was walking around the school with my brother. I know, shocker. Anyways, as we were nearing the courtyard, a random, I'm guessing, first year boy, ran past, saying, "Cedric rules". I shoved the kid and Harry laughed at me.

When we were about to walk out of the school, a few students blocked the way. "Like the badge." One boy asked, showing a badge that says: 'Cedric rules' with a picture of Diggory then falter into 'Potter's stink' and show a picture and Harry and I, to us. 

"Excuse me." My twin impatiently requested. The people just laughed. I shoved past them, grabbing the raven haired boy to come out with me.

We walked towards the golden haired boy, laying on a bench, surrounded by some pupils. He quickly sat up, taking notice of us. His friends started making fun of the green eyed boy and I, which just made me scowl at them. "Can I have a word?" Harry asked, more calm than I thought he would be. "Alright."

We walked off, away from his friends. "Dragons, that's the first task. They've got one for each of us." I said, proudly smiling since I beat my brother to it. "Are you serious? And Fleur and Krum, do they-?" Harry nodded, interrupting him. "Yes." Now the Hufflepuff boy has a look of guilt on his face. "Right." My brother and I were about to walk off until he grabbed me by the arm.

"Hey listen, about the badges. I asked them not to wear them." I shook my head. "Don't worry about it." Oh how much I wanted to punch him in the face right now. But it's fine. Stay calm. I'm better than this.

We located the redhead boy and Finnigan walking out of the school and onto the courtyard as well. We walked up to the both of them as Harry bursted out, "You're a right foul git you know that?"

Weasley just shrugged. "You think so?" My twin stuttered a bit before answering with, "I know so!" I closed my eyes in disappointment, seeing that he had no other comeback. "Anything else?" He glared at the both of us. "Yeah! Stay away from us."

Really, Harry, really? "Fine." Seamus and the youngest Weasley boy walked away, making sure to bump on Harry's shoulder in the process. "Don't even start, I'm not in the mood." Harry shushed me before I could even start teasing him.

1550 words