Chapter 6 - Champions

TW: Slight swearing

No one's POV

"Brilliant isn't he? Completely demented of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with! He really been there, you know?" Ron ranted as the golden trio, plus Katianne, walked down the stairs, away from that wretched Professor.

"There's a reason those curses are unforgivable! And to perform them in a classroom! I mean, did you see Neville's face?" Hermione stopped talking as she saw a sad boy leaning on a stained glass of this sad person holding a stick with a skeleton on top.

"Neville?" The curly haired girl asked in concern. Mad-eye Moody came pushing past the people and placed his hand on Longbottom's shoulder. "Son, you alright?" He nodded, although he was visibly not okay.

"Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something." The Professor walked away with that, Neville slowly following behind. A drop of rain rolled down the glass from the outside, making it seem like the sad person on stained glass was crying.

Soon after, Harry, Ron and Hermione have walked away. The other Potter twin just stood there, lost in her thoughts. 'Why did Draco do that? Ahh! Get it together Katia! He doesn't have any interest in you! He probably does that to every girl. You can't let him win!'

Her thinking was interrupted by someone's hand on her shoulder. The brunette girl flinched slightly at this interaction. "You alright?" The blue eyed girl looked up to see her blonde friend's brother with an anxious look on his face. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine. What's up?"

Cedric started rubbing the back of his neck. "Uhh, I was wondering... since I want to put my name in the cup. Do y- you want to be with me? As I do so, I mean." His small smile faltered, afraid she would say no. The girl smiled and beamed, "Of course!"

Cedric's POV

Her beautiful voice ringed in my ear as she uttered an 'of course'. I sighed in relief, seeing her beautiful sky blue eyes twinkle. I grabbed her hand and we started running down the stairs. We both giggled in excitement.

As we arrived at the door, I realised it was raining outside. I looked at her, checking if there was any sort of hesitation in her face. There wasn't. "On the count of three, we go. One... two..." She already ran out before I finished counting. I quickly ran after her, both of our hairs soaked. She squealed in surprise when I picked her up and dropped her down again.

We stumbled into the great hall, all eyes snapping to us. I smiled at her one last time, walking to the goblet to put my name in, still slightly laughing from the recent events. The Slytherin girl went to sit next to my brother, not breaking eye contact with me.

I confidently put the small parchment in as some people started clapping. That redhead Weasley even nervously waved at me. I guess I really am popular.

Katianne's POV

I sat next to my best friend, him grinning at me. "So..." I glared at him. "Shut it." He just started laughing.

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now, we'll be old enough to be chosen." I heard Ron say, hopefulness laced in his voice. "Yeah, well, rather you than me." I scoffed at my brothers words, what a p*ssy.

Cheering was heard from the front door. All the students looked towards the area, seeing two redhead twins holding these flasks in their hands. Others started whooping and clapping, estimating that they came up with an idea to get into the competition. Multiple pupils even gave them high fives as well.

"Thank you, thank you. Well lads, we've done it." One twin, who I'm guessing is George, started saying. "Cooked it up just this morning." Fred ended. "It's not going to work." The smart Gryffindor girl spoke in a sing-song voice. The Weasley twins went up to Hermione, one on each side.