/ 58 /

You'll Never Get a Chicken in
Your Whole Entire Life / You Sold Me
the Laundromat, Remember?

"Sir, this is now the third time you've sent back your food. What's the problem now?" I ask the middle-aged man.

"It's still cold." He complains.

Debbie then walks into the diner, "Morgan?"

"What, Debs?" I sigh.

"I quit school. I need you to come down to the courthouse with me now so I can get married, let's go-"

"Whoa, whoa, what? What are you talking about? You quit school?" I question.

"The counsellor said it was fine. He suggests I take the GED. I did it and I passed. It was easy, I only got two questions wrong. Come on. We've got to be at the courthouse in 45 minutes."

"So, are you remaking my food or not?" The man asks.

"Sir, I can assure you that your food isn't cold. It also wasn't cold the past two times either." I tell him.

Debbie chooses to still continue her conversation, "You said it was okay for me to get married."

"Yes. Not right this second." I respond.

"Where's your manger? I would like to speak to them." The man requests.

"She's not here." I reply.

"They won't let me get married without an adult there, Morgan." Debbie says.

"I'm busy right now. We can make an appointment, we can go next week. Or, you could ask Lip or Ian to do it."

The man gets up, "I'm out of here."

"Hey, can I get a refill on my coffee?" A woman asks.

"Yeah, sure." I nod.

Debbie still follows me around, "It will only take 15, minutes, Morgan, and then you can come back-"

"Not everything is about you, Debbie!" I snap.

"No, everything is about Franny, Morgan!" She shouts back before rushing out.

Debbie opens the door, revealing Franny and Neil, and shouts.

"Say good-bye to your Aunt Morgan, Franny! This could be the last time you see her before DCFS comes and rips you from your mother's loving arms and sends you to live with some foster family of pedophiles and meth heads!"

I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen.

"You okay?" Mandy laughs as she walks in.

"I swear, if it's not Fiona being the biggest pain in my ass, it's Debbie." I respond.

"Well, I saw on the schedule we both have off tonight. Wanna go out and do something fun?" She asks.

I nod, "Yeah, sure. Any plans?"

Melinda then walks in, "Morgan, some old dude is out there looking for you."