/ 40 /

Milk of the Gods

Mandy, Liam, and I are all doing Fiona a favour by putting up the pool for her.

"Looks pretty good, huh?" Mandy says.

"It's perfect, except for one thing." I point over to the steps to get into the pool, which are halfway across the yard.

"Looks like we're stuck in here forever." She jokes.

"I guess we- we trapped?" Liam says.

"No way out!" I lay down on my back. "At least I won't ever have to see anyone at Pasty's Pies ever again."

Fiona managed to convince Sean to give me a job so I no longer have to work at the Alibi.

"Liam, this is our new home now." Mandy says.

"Okay." Liam laughs.

I smile as I watch Mandy eyes slowly move down from eyes to my chest.

"I'm gonna go get the ladder." She quickly stands back up.

"Don't twist an ankle, we don't need another Carl." I tell her.

Carl had injured himself while riding his skateboard and was now on crutches.

Mandy leaps over and falls on the grass.

"Impressive." I smile.

"Impressive." Liam repeats after me.

"Thank you." She smiles back as she gets up again.

"You ready to fill this sucker, Liam?" I ask.

"Yeah!" He shouts.

I pick up Liam and pass him over to Mandy once she sets down the ladder.

I climb out of the pool and walk over to the hose.

Mandy then helps Liam turn the faucet.

I turn around and start spraying Mandy with the hose.

"Ah, Morgan!" Mandy squeals while Liam and I laugh. "I'm going to fucking kill you!"

She then goes behind be and wraps her arms around me as she tries to get the hose off me. She manages to get it off me and starts splashing me with it.

"Mandy! No, no, no!" I'm now the one squealing.

Mandy turns around and sprays water on Liam, causing him to run around screaming and laughing.

After a few more minutes of having a massive water fight, I realise the time. "Shit, I go and get changed."

"Why?" Mandy asks.

"I'm helping your brothers with the moving truck scam." I answer.

"Seriously?" She questions.

"It's great money." I then look at Liam. "Go and get Debbie to come and help you fill the pool, okay?"

---