/ 53 /

Familia Supra Gallegorious
Omnia!

"Gallagher."

An officer unlocks the cell and then steps to the side as I lift my head off the bench.

I get up and step over a woman who is covered in her own vomit, and walk over to the officer.

I'm guided out and brought to stand opposite a woman dressed in a suit.

"Hi, I am Ms. Alonso from the Cook County Public Defender's Office. I've been assigned to represent you at your arraignment today. Have you been through this before?"

"Yeah. As a kid." I nod.

"Were you a student at the university?" She questions.

"No." I answer.

"Can your family afford to supply you with an attorney?" She asks as I shake my head. "Well, did you call them and ask them?"

"Well, my sister is getting married tomorrow, or today."

Who knows what time it is?

"They have other shit to worry about." I tell her.

"Yeah, well. The campus cop wasn't hurt so the court will likely set bail." She says. "Can you or your family afford bail?"

I don't answer, causing her to show a phone to a guard and then pass it to me.

"Call your family, Morgan. Tell them to help you set bail, so you can get the hell out of this place."

When I read the time on the phone, it's the middle of the night and I don't know who would even be awake.

I don't want to worry Mandy so I decide to call Lip.

The longer it dials, the thinner my hope gets. And then it goes to voicemail.

---

As soon as I'm released, I take out my phone and look at all the missed calls and texts from Mandy.

I sigh a breath of relief when I notice that it's only 8am and I won't miss Fiona's wedding.

When I look up, I notice Youens stood in front of his car.

"Nice ghetto job on the windows." I joke as I walk over to him.

"Yeah. Some drunk asshole smashed them with a tire iron." He says.

"Must've have been pretty drunk." I respond.

"Must have been." He replies.

"Did you bail me out?" I question.

"Against my better judgment, yeah." He nods.

I just thought they screwed up the paperwork, made a mistake." I tell him.

"May have been a mistake. Too early to know for sure. You need help. I know a place. Not fancy, but they get the job done."

"Rehab?" I question.