/ 49 /

#AbortionRules / The F Word / Going Once, Going Twice

I'm sat beside Carl on his bed while he scrolls through some porn site.

"Ooh. Hello, Charise." He smirks.

"Do you now have anything better to do?" I question.

"You too, Tamika." He says as soon as he continues to look at his laptop.

"You really need to find a girlfriend." I tell him as I hop off his bed.

"I'm close to having one." He responds.

"Oh, yeah? What's her name?" I ask.

"Dominique." He answers.

Carl's alarms then goes off. "Hey, Nick, time to get up. We gotta do our rounds before school."

"Huh?" Ian lifts his head off his pillow.

"Not you, go back to sleep." Carl tells him.

He then snatches a hammer out of Nick's hands. "You don't need to sleep with that hammer no more. No one's gonna try to ass-rape you in my cribs. I got your back, okay?"

"Lovely." I mutter to myself before walking downstairs.

When I walk into the living room, I see Frank fast asleep on the sofa, again.

"Go sleep in your room, Frank." I snatch the cushion from under his head, causing him to wake up.

"I can't. I just can't." He whines. "It's the last place in the United States I spent with Bianca."

"Frank, we're all sick of hearing about your dead girlfriend." Fiona says as she walks downstairs and then into the kitchen.

Frank seems taken aback by her words. "How dare you! What is the matter with her?"

I hold my hands up in defence. "Not getting involved."

When I walk into the kitchen, I immediately sense the tension between Fiona and Debbie.

I take a seat at the table between Carl and Debbie.

"So, Debbie." Fiona sits down beside her. "I just called the clinic."

"So?" Debbie questions.

"I made an appointment for you for Friday for an abortion They want us there this afternoon for your prescreening. I'll pick you up after school." She tells her.

"Not part of my plan." Debbie refuses.

"But now that Derek's gone, it's-

"He's coming back. His parents are assholes." Debbie cuts her off.

"Did you talk to him?" I ask.

"No, but it doesn't matter. We love each other." She answers.

"Debs, come on. You're fifteen." Fiona sighs.

"Please, you're always bragging about how you had to raise us when you were sixteen." She responds.

"Bragging? It was forced on me. I didn't have a choice. You have a choice." Fiona says.