/ 03 /

Aunt Ginger

It's my first shift I've had to work with both Kash and Ian so there was an awkward and tense atmosphere as nobody said anything.

As I'm restocking some shelves, the door swings open and Mandy comes swaying in.

"Hey bitch," She says with a smile when she sees me. "Is your twin brother here?" She asks. "He's ginger and pale with many freckles." She laughs.

"Thank god you described him, I had no clue who you were talking about at!" I joke. "He's down at the back, also restocking shit." I smile.

I try to ignore the obvious flirty comments from Mandy as she's talking to Ian. I then look over at Kash who looks jealous which makes me slightly happier.

When Mandy leaves I walk over to Ian. "So is Mandy your girlfriend now?" I ask him jokingly.

"Doesn't really fall into the criteria of my type." He laughs.

"And men twice your age do?" I said, referring to Kash.

———

After getting home later than I expected all I wanted to do was lie up on the sofa and watch tv but when I came in Ian, Mandy and Carl were all sitting, watching the tv.

"I'm going to get more drinks." Ian said as he awkwardly walked out to the kitchen.

Mandy turns around and looks at me as I was hanging up my coat. "Can you get this little shithead out of here?" She said as she nudged her head in Carl's direction.

"Carl go shower while the bathroom is free." I tell him.

"But I don't want to go." He replied.

"Just get the fuck out" I say to him as he flips me off.

"Have fun getting herpes." Carl whispers to Ian as we walk into the kitchen.

"Is Ian actually dating Mandy Milkovich?" Carl asks me as I sit down at the table beside him.

"Why the fuck would I know?"

"You and Ian tell each other everything." Carl says.

"Not everything." I said. "Only boring shit."

"So can you tell me his boring secrets?" He asked.

"Fuck no."

"Fuck you Ian!" Mandy shouts as she storms out of the house crying.

"What the fuck happened?" I said as I walked into the living room.

"Oh shit! Did she actually have herpes?" Carl exclaims.

"Carl go up to your room." I said as I pushed him up towards the stairs.

"Why is Mandy Milkovich crying?" Fiona now comes in.

"She tried to have sex with me, I pushed her off and then she started to cry, then she stormed out!" Ian defended himself.

"That's all that happened?" I asked.

"That's all." He said.