Session 40

That night, Spike and Quinn somehow managed to make their ways back to the living room. Falling asleep almost immediately on the couch with the fireplace still blazing, Quinn couldn't help but dream about the life she had lived over the last year.

Of course there were rocky parts, especially regarding her relationship with Spike, but because her conversation with him that night had gone so well, Quinn had no reason to doubt that her relationship was growing stronger by the day.

Quinn was glad Spike was able to communicate with her, and even though it took awhile to get the truth out of him, she was happy she made the effort to do so. Spike would have done the same for her, and because of that, she was grateful she hadn't walked out of the relationship.

Of course one conversation wasn't going to be enough to fix absolutely every problem they had encountered, but it was a great start, and Quinn looked forward to having more serious conversations down the line.

With that thought in mind, Quinn realized how much Spike's presence had enhanced her relationships with other people in her life. Because of Quinn's relationship with Spike, and Sophie's relationship with Jet, Quinn had managed to foster an even closer relationship with Sophie than ever before. Finally there was no gap between them and it seemed that by implementing the ability to freely speak about their love lives, other doorways had opened in their friendship as well.

Quinn, having opened up about Spike to Sophie, found that Jet was almost a perfect match for her friend. Sophie and Jet were both rational thinkers, and no matter what, the both of them always stayed loyal to their friends. Sophie had mentioned the idea of settling down with Jet once or twice before, but Quinn got the idea that it wasn't quite serious yet. But now that Quinn was aware of Spike's future plans, she sincerely hoped their friends would follow suit.

Sophie had quickly filled the void that Mack had left behind, and Quinn was more than grateful that she had done so. Sophie was an amazing secretary as well as an amazing friend, and Quinn was overjoyed that her friend was dating her boyfriend's closest buddy. The four of them had only managed to schedule a double date twice, but Quinn knew there was more to come in the future.

As for Faye, Quinn had managed to grow quite fond of her quick wittedness and cocky attitude over the past year. The two girls bonded over their mutual enjoyment for bullying Spike; which was all in good fun of course. Quinn saw Faye as somewhat of a sister figure towards Spike, and getting to know her was like getting to know Spike's family. It was heartwarming to say the least, even though a majority of their time spent together consisted of relentless teasing directed towards Spike.

Although Quinn enjoyed her time with Faye, it was always hard to find time to meet up with her. Quinn assumed it was due to bounty hunting, but during dinner, Spike had mentioned she had recently found herself a modeling gig. Apparently she had used her bounty funds to pay off some whopping debt she had, and now that she was free, she was able to do what she wanted. She was slowly becoming a public figure according to Spike, appearing in advertisements and magazines. She was stunning of course, Quinn expected her to do something as such.

Although a year had passed since Quinn's accident, not much had happened in terms of lifestyle changes. Jet, Spike and Faye returned to their normal work while Sophie and Quinn did the same. Due to overlapping and conflicting work schedules, the group kept in touch, but by no means were they all close friends.

Of course they occasionally hung out as a full group of five, but it was rare that they got the chance to do so. Their schedules were all conflicting, and no one seemed to have time off at the same time. Now that Spike was wanting to settle down, Quinn hoped there would be more time for them all to get together.