Session 20

{Recap for anyone who skipped sessions 17-18-19: Spike and Quinn head home after the jazz club. Spike spends the night, and when Quinn wakes up, he isn't in bed with her anymore. Quinn panics thinking he left her again, but he was actually making her breakfast in the kitchen. They eat together, and Quinn is now in the shower with Spike}

...

Hot water dripped down her back while she ran her fingers through her hair. Spike stood behind her with his body pressed against hers. They were both worn down from their last two sessions so it was nice to finally be taking a break. 

He kissed the back of her neck while he ran his soap covered hands along her exposed skin. Quinn enjoyed how wholesome there intimacy was becoming. They were both naked, and stuck together like glue, yet there was no desire to pursue anything further. Quinn enjoyed the irony of getting clean with someone who had only ever made her feel dirty. 

She never knew how gentle his touch could be, especially since the only touch she had ever received from him was fueled with sexual frustration. Quinn never considered the softer side of him. He was respectful, and he took care of the very body he had tainted moments prior. His delicate embrace was pleasurable, but in a virtuous way. 

Unfortunately, because of the busy morning she had ahead of her, the shower wasn't nearly as long as Quinn wanted it to be. Once they had both stepped out and gotten dry, Quinn made her way into her closet with a towel wrapped around her torso.  

Spike got dressed in her room while Quinn stared into the endless abyss that was her closet. She furiously dug through her limitless supply of clothing before settling on a matching, pine green blazer and skirt. She completed the outfit with a black blouse, black heels, and a matching three piece, gold jewelry set. She was terribly nervous for her meeting, but she dressed like someone who had never had a doubt in their life. Looking the part was always a number one priority for Quinn.

After she had gotten dressed, she dried her hair and applied her makeup while Spike relaxed with a magazine on her bed. It didn't take long for Quinn to get ready, and with little time to spare, she gathered her belongings before ushering Spike out of her bedroom. 

"This has been fun," Quinn smiled as she led Spike down the hallway, and towards the front door. He nodded in agreement as he reached towards his jacket that was hanging loosely on the coat wrack. 

"It has been," he replied happily as he slipped his coat sleeves over his arms. Once his jacket was on, Spike adjusted his tie before propping up his collar. He seemed to always wear his shirts like this, and while Quinn observed his rather unique set of mannerisms, a sudden, deeply buried thought popped into the front of her mind. Quinn audibly gasped as her eyes widened. Spike gave her a puzzled look as he zipped up the front of his coat. 

"Wait here for a  second," Quinn panicked as she placed her bag on the floor. Spike raised an eyebrow as she pivoted herself away from him. The sound of her heels clacking against the hardwood flooring echoed throughout the hallway as she jogged towards her bedroom. 

Quinn wondered if she really wanted to dig up the memory she had painfully buried in the past. It had been months since she had last seen the item, and she worried that her mood would be ruined once she saw it again. Regardless, Quinn knew it was for the greater good. She trusted Spike to stay around this time, but there was still a shadow of doubt within his promised words. If he were to disappear again, she didn't want to have any memory of him left behind. She rarely gave people third chances, let alone second ones. She figured if he disappeared again, the pain would be easy to overcome knowing that a piece of him wasn't still left behind in her closet. 

As she threw open the door to her bedroom, her stomach churned. She was nervous to see it again. Her hand shook as she reached for the handle along her closet. With her breath caught in her throat, Quinn swung the door open.