Session 34

"Quinn, I don't know exactly what Vicious has told you, but I know for a fact he's been feeding you lies just as he has been to Sophie and I. For example, he told us he had killed you," Spike stated, and Quinn's blood began to boil. 

She had a feeling Vicious had lied to her about his supposed negotiations with Spike and Sophie. Of course he had told them she was dead, but neither of them were stupid enough to believe him. Quinn on the other hand, had been tricked. Vicious was sneaky with his lies. The things he had said about Spike were certainly plausible, no wonder he hadn't mentioned Sophie's presence. He didn't know her at all, and since she was working alongside Spike, Vicious knew there was a chance that she knew Quinn, therefor, his lies would most likely not have stuck. He was a snake, but Quinn had to hand it to him, he was smart and knew how to trick people. 

"Vicious," Quinn choked through grit teeth.

"Is-, is this true?" Quinn began, and her question was soon answered by the sound of his laughter. It started off low, and almost silent, but as the tenseness of the situation began to grow, so did the volume of his laughter.

"Well isn't this just a fucking comedy act," Vicious cackled as he pushed the blade deeper into Quinn's stomach. Had it not been for the clothing she was wearing, the blade would have already cut through her skin.

"Regardless of what is true and what is perceived to be a lie, you know you'll kill her, Spike, just as you did with Julia," Vicious sneered causing Spike to thrust his gun forwards. In the same moment that Spike planted the barrel against Vicious' forehead, the blade left Quinn's stomach and shot forwards towards Spike's torso. The tip of the blade, that was tainted with Quinn's blood, was now pressed against Spike's stomach. For a second, Quinn could have sworn she saw Spike flinch.

Quinn tumbled backwards. Without the pressure of the blade on her stomach, she was free to step away from the violence.

"Don't bring a dead woman into this. Let her soul rest," Spike grunted angrily. Quinn observed the two men from behind Vicious while Sophie and her exchanged nervous glances.

"Let her soul rest? Was that your intention when you let her take that bullet?" Vicious taunted, causing Spike to push the tip of his gun harder into his forehead. Vicious retort by pushing the blade further into Spikes stomach. If either of them were to move even so much as an inch forward, the blade was sure to pierce Spike's stomach,

"That bullet never would have hit her had you not sent your men to kill her," Spike stated shakily, trying his best not to extend his stomach any further than it already was. 

Another hole was poked in Vicious' story. Spike had always said that Vicious had sent his men to kill her, yet Vicious claimed otherwise. From what she knew, both men were in love with Julia, but Julia was only in love with one of them. Clearly, she had chosen Spike, but why would Vicious want to kill her? Wouldn't he have just wanted to kill Spike?

"Why would he kill her if he loved her?" Quinn suddenly chimed in. This time, for a split second, Spike shifted his eyes towards her. But in the same moment, his gaze returned to Vicious.

"You told her you loved her?" Spike scoffed. Quinn watched as his finger shook against the trigger of his gun. Quinn braced herself for the sound of a bullet being fired, but somehow, Spike managed to hold off.

"I told her the truth," Vicious replied shakily, but by the tone of his voice, Quinn could tell he wasn't confident in his response. Spike didn't speak for a moment. Behind his eyes Quinn could see that he was calculating his next words. Despite the coldness he was wearing upon his face, it was quite clear that he was enraged.