Session 12

{short chapter here, next ones gonna be real long lol}

Once the two of them were dressed, they began to head out to the main room.

"You think they're gonna be suspicious?" Quinn asked  as Spike led her out of his bedroom.

"Doubt it, but if they were, we'd be quick to know. Faye isn't great at keeping her mouth shut," Spike reassured and Quinn laughed. No matter how much it seemed like they hated one another, it was clear that Faye and Spike cared for each other despite the arguments they always go into. 

He always knew how she was going to react, and it seemed like Faye was able to do the same for him. It was wholesome, and almost sibling like, but Quinn couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy wash over her every time Spike was able to predict her moves.  

She wanted her relationship with him to be similar; if not, the same. Just minus all the arguing, although she never minded the playful banter they always go into. That part was always comforting. 

When they reached the living room, they saw that Faye was sitting impatiently on the couch while Mack sat handcuffed on the floor.

"Oh finally you two have decided to grace us with your presences," Faye grumbled in frustration as Jet hurriedly scrambled into the room.

"I've got dozens of police lined up outside, we better get a move on or we're all gonna become suspects," Jet clasped his hands together anxiously before Mack angrily rolled her eyes.

"I bet you think you've won," she growled as she shot Quinn a disapproving glare.

Quinn chuckled in response.

"Wow, you never struck me as a mind reader," she replied facetiously as she planted her hands on her hips.

"This isn't over," Mack grumbled as Jet grabbed her arm helping her to her feet. 

"Let's get a move on," he interjected as the rest of the group nodded in agreement. Quinn couldn't believe how stubborn Mack was even after being captured. Didn't she know this was the end for her? Whatever her reason was it didn't matter. Quinn was at the finish line while Mack was still running laps behind her. In a matter of hours this would all be over.

Even though she was excited to return to society, it was hard for Quinn to believe that the real world was waiting for her just outside. As she tightly clutched the mask that was tucked away in her pocket, she found herself worrying about the future she had ahead of her. For months she had imagined this day in her head, but now that it was actually unfolding in front of her, she was overwhelmed by its realness.

"You alright?" Spike nudged her as they made their way towards the landing strip.

"I don't think so, but it's not like there's any way to go back now," she admit, and Spike placed a hand on her back.

"Try not to worry so much. Whatever happens, happens," he stated sluggishly. To any normal person his tone would've came off as lazy or mindless, but Quinn was able to see the truth that was behind it. Ultimately, he was right. There was no reason to be worrying at this point.

Whatever happens, happens.