Session 10

{smut warning pls skip to Session 12 if you aren't comfortable with this kind of stuff!}

When Quinn awoke again, she wasn't in the living room. The last memory she had before falling into Spikes arms was Mack shrieking, Faye laughing, and the fact that she had the mask in her pocket. She felt like utter garbage, and she swore she had never felt so bad in her entire life. Her head ached, yet her body felt fine despite how hard she had been tossed around in Mack's ship.

As she groggily reached her hand into her pants pocket, she noticed the mask was no longer there. In a panic, Quinn shot upwards and began scanning her surroundings. She was in Spikes room, and on his desk sat the mask.

Quinn let out a sigh of relief before quickly allowing herself to fall back down onto the pillows. Surely she had slept enough, but a few more minutes of shut eye wasn't going to kill her.

But as her head had hit the pillow, the sound of the bedroom door being pulled open caught her attention.

She turned her head towards the entryway, and understandably the person who was entering was none other than Spike.

As he closed the door behind him, Quinn saw that he was carrying a glass of water in one hand, and in the other, his fist was clenched. He was holding something, and as Quinn sat upwards, he opened his palm to reveal two small pills.

"I take it you're probably in quite a lot of pain," Spike assumed as he took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah," Quinn half smiled as she graciously accepted the water and the medicine. Her head was indeed pounding, and although the rest of her body felt relatively fine, she had taken quite the hit back on Mack's ship and she knew the pain would be setting in soon.

"Thanks," Quinn announced before taking both pills in a single gulp. Spike smiled as Quinn tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Where's Mack?" Quinn inquired.

"Tied her up in one of the hallways," Spike replied, and Quinn choked on her water.

"Are you being serious?" She laughed as she pictured the poor girl all tied down most likely screaming her lungs out. She was not one to take defeat well.

"Dead serious," he replied playfully. Quinn laughed, and as her and Spike exchanged grins, she noticed that the ship was in motion.

"Are we headed back for Mars?" Quinn asked, and Spiked nodded.

"We wont be there for a couple hours, but we already notified authority of our arrival," he assured, and suddenly a weight had began to lift from Quinn's shoulders.

This was it. Her running had finally came to an end and the idea of seeing Mack behind bars filled Quinn's mind with joy.

She wondered what her face would look like when police finally cuffed her, and she wondered how many lawyers she'd have to hire. But the evidence Quinn, and the rest of the group had against her was quite frankly indisputable. It was a case Quinn was going to win for sure.

"You excited to go back?" Spike asked, and Quinn noticed that the typical coldness in his voice had suddenly melted. His tone was smooth, genuine, and easy on the ears. Quinn wished she could listen to Spike talk like this forever.

"I think so," Quinn shrugged as she set her empty glass down on his nightstand.

"Although, I feel like I'm going to miss the thrill this life has brought me," she added, and Spike seemed to understand what she met.

"I mean, if you're not too busy with work, we could always use someone like you during more high risk missions," he suggested, and for the first time Quinn saw the cowboy genuinely smile.