Session 37

{Smut warning! skip to session 40 if you don't want to read this!}

Quinn was happy that their conversation had been a success, and it seemed like Spike was happy as well. A collective weight had been lifted off of their shoulders, and as the night went on, Spike and Quinn reaped the benefits of their conjoined honesty.

Somewhere in between their first bottle of wine and their second, they had cleared the table and ventured to the hot tub outside on Quinn's balcony. The two of them were drinking, laughing, and joking just how they used to, and Quinn was relieved that everything had rolled over so smoothly. She expected more arguing, sarcasm, and spite, but Spike had pleasantly surprised her, and now they were sharing a night that Quinn had been dreaming of for weeks.

...

"You're a big softie, y'know that?" Quinn teased before lightly splashing Spike in the hot tub. Spike flinched as the water hit his face.

"Splash me again and I promise you won't be calling me a softie anymore," Spike threatened playfully before gently pushing a wave of water towards Quinn.

Quinn was sitting on a small bench in the hot tub whereas Spike was standing up. The wave was heading straight towards her head, so she threw a hand up, stopping it before it reached her face.

"Oh you're so scary, I'm so scared of you," Quinn slurred jokingly as she placed her near empty wine glass on a side table next to the tub. Spike rolled his eyes in response.

"You're so childish when you're drunk," he teased as his eyes moved towards the empty wine bottle that was sitting next to her glass. Quinn scoffed before raising an eyebrow.

"You're so much worse than me, you've just managed to compose yourself for tonight," Quinn replied drunkenly as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Am I really? I'm begging you to elaborate," Spike mocked before moving closer towards her.

"You've done stupid things when you're drunk," Quinn replied. She was unsure of how to support her claim, and by the way Spike was squinting at her, she could tell that he knew she had no defense.

"Yeah? Like what?" Spike questioned as he cocked his head to the side.

Quinn sighed as she shook her head in defeat. Due to her inability to think of a good example or any sort of comeback, she decided to change the subject.

"Ok whatever, maybe I'm a sloppy drunk, but you're worse sober. You? A businessman? Please, that's my job ," Quinn chuckled at the reference to their earlier conversation.

"You say that as if you didn't offer to be my partner," Spike threw back as he took a seat beside her on the bench.

"I'm strictly in it for business, no ulterior motives whatsoever," Quinn replied mockingly as she stuck her nose in the air.

"Yeah? You sure it's not because you wanna get closer to me?" Spike taunted.

"Absolutely not, why would I ever want that!" Quinn replied sarcastically. Spike exhaled sharply through his nose before sitting up from the bench. He stared at her mischievously as he swam his way in front of her.

"Tell that to my face," Spike smirked. Quinn smiled as her cheeks began to blush.

"Not a chance," she replied as Spike extended his arms forwards. He smiled as his hands caressed her shoulders before making their ways down her arms.

"Why can't you?" Spike replied as he slipped his hands down the sides of her stomach. Quinn shivered at his touch, but she enjoyed the shock she got when he gripped his hands around her waist. Quinn looked away as a wide smile stretched across her face.