Session 8

Quinn frowned in horror as Mack began to open the pod of her shuttle. She spun around on her heels in attempts to make a run for it. Maybe if she made it to her ship she'd have a chance to escape.

"Hold it, Q," Mack called out and Quinn heard the sound of a gun being cocked behind her. Quinn was weaponless. She froze in her spot and slowly turned around.

"There's a good girl," Mack smirked as she jumped out of her shuttle. Her bright red hair was typically enamoring, especially in the sunlight, but in this moment, Quinn couldn't help but feel her stomach churn.

"What are you doing here Mack?" Quinn asked shakily as she continued to point the gun in her direction. Although Mack seemed confident, Quinn could tell her finger was shaking along the trigger. It was clear that she wasn't used to holding such a weapon.

"I had a feeling at some point in time you'd try to take my chip back. So I implemented a tracking device within it," she sneered and Quinn's eyebrows knit together in anger.

"You're chip?" Quinn growled furiously. The audacity she had to call it her property made Quinn want to scream. How dare she claim it as her own.

"And as soon as that arrogant flyboy left my house last night, I had a gut feeling he was working for you," she added, and Quinn huffed in frustration. Maybe Spike wasn't as smooth as she thought he'd be. Clearly Mack was able to see through him, and unfortunately for Quinn, she now had to deal with the consequences of his actions.

"Listen," Mack began calmly as she closed the space between her and Quinn in a matter of seconds. She watched as Mack approached her, and is was almost embarrassing to be cornered by someone like herself. Of all people to catch her, Quinn did not think Mack was going to be that person.

"I know you've got the chip, and I have no doubt that you've already made a thousand copies," she explained sharply. Quinn was livid, but she had no choice but to submit to her opponent. Ordinarily Quinn carried some sort of weapon, but for now she had nothing but a switch blade in her pocket. As much as she wanted to draw it, she knew Mack had the upper hand.

"I might as well collect my bounty now," Mack threatened, but her statement only supported Quinn's suspicions.

"So you are doing this for the money," She grimaced as Mack planted the barrel of the gun against Quinn's forehead.

"More or less," she shrugged cockily, but it didn't make sense. Quinn knew Mack was in debt, but was she really in deep enough to sacrifice a friend? Quinn felt like she was missing a piece to the puzzle.

"Why?" Quinn inquired. Mack paused dramatically for a moment before a wide smile spread across her face. She looked into Quinn's eyes menacingly and it was clear to Quinn that she had been waiting to have this conversation for a long time.

"Revenge," she chuckled as she pressed the tip of the gun harder against Quinn's head.

"For what?" Quinn cried. Mack exhaled before placing a hand on her hip.

"You made my life a living hell throughout high school and University. But even after we graduated you still continued to torment me in the workplace," Mack began coarsely, but again, Quinn didn't quite know what she was talking about. Of course they had their differences, but Quinn never once went out of her way to harm Mack. Why would she? After all, she loved her.

"We were bestfriends," Quinn whimpered pathetically.

"Maybe to you, but to me you were nothing but a roadblock," she sneered.

"I don't know why you feel this way Mack," Quinn warbled as she slowly dug her hand into her pocket. Mack was in dangerously close range, and Quinn figured she might have a chance to overpower her if she was able to get a grip on her knife.