Prologue

When you're the daughter of someone who is a supposed murderer, you can imagine it's not the easiest life. I am Eliana Black, the daughter of Sirius Black, a supposed murderer. Of course, I know that he is not a murderer and was framed but others don't and can't know. I started attending Hogwarts when I was eleven years old. Just like all other kids with magical abilities. You see the thing is, when I was first sorted, everyone gasped when they heard my name. I was Eliana Black. Everyone knew me as the daughter of the man who betrayed the famous Harry Potter's parents. Of course, Harry wasn't at school yet so I didn't have to worry about him. My father was in Azkaban, the prison for witches and wizards so I lived with my godfather who is also my uncle, Remus Lupin. Who believe it or not is a werewolf. My family is a pretty messed up family. My dad is charged with murder, my uncle is a werewolf, my mother was killed by Voldemort when I was three, my first cousin Bellatrix Lestrange is a death eater, and my uncle Regulus Black went missing.

I met my two best friends on the train ride to Hogwarts. Dawn and Naomi. I was sitting alone in a compartment trying to determine which way I would tell people what my last name is. I was also overthinking how people would react. I was completely lost in thought when one of them knocked on the door. They asked if they could sit with me and I said they could of course. Dawn and Naomi must have met on the platform because they were talking like they had known each other for years.

"I'm Dawn, Dawn Lovegood" The girl with dirty blonde hair that was slightly curly but otherwise straight and hazel eyes said, extending a hand. I shook it and smiled a little.

"And I'm Naomi Granger," Said the other girl with auburn hair that was wavy and dark pools of brown eyes. I shook her hand too.

"I'm Eliana," I said shyly. I'm not great with new people. At all.

We talked for the train ride to Hogsmeade station. I soon learned that Naomi had spent her summer reading Hogwarts A History and all the course books and now has them memorized by heart. She even already knew some spells. I hadn't even thought about any of the spells or schoolwork. I also learned that Naomi had a little Sister named Cassie and has a cousin named Hermione. Dawn wasn't at all like Naomi. She hadn't thought about the schoolwork. She was worrying about what house she was going to be sorted into. She had a younger sister named Luna who was eight years old at the time.

When we got to Hogwarts we went on the same boat together. We arrived and waited in the corridor and entryway. While we were waiting a boy walked over to us. He had taffy brown curly hair that was styled. He had gray eyes and a beautiful wide grin across his face. He was a first year just like the rest of us. He seemed to have so much confidence.

"Hi I'm Cedric" He held out his hand and I shook it.

"Hi I'm Eliana" I said with a smile.

"Can I call you Ellie?" He asked me with a grin. I had never thought about being called Ellie by my friends. Sometimes Remus would call me Ellie but that was it really.

"Sure," I said.

"Great well nice to meet you Ellie" He turned to Dawn and Naomi.

"I'm Dawn"

"And I'm Naomi" He shook both of their hands. We chatted for a while getting to know each other. Cedric and I slowly became great friends. We just sorta clicked. In no time we were talking as if we had known each other for years.

"I can't wait to be sorted. What houses are you hoping for?" Cedric asked.

"Oh I'm hoping for Gryffindor," I said, smiling. I was now bubbling with excitement.

"Gryffindor! By far the best! Although Ravenclaw wouldn't be bad either" Naomi exclaimed excitedly.

"Gryffindor or Slytherin," said Dawn.