Chapter Ten - A Deal with a Demon

Cas (POV)

"How long are you going to stay here?" I ask, rubbing my eyes tiredly before looking at the demon who was hanging out the window and spitting on people. He shuffled back into the apartment and turned to look at me before shrugging.

"Until I get bored." He replied simply and I grimace and roll my eyes and sigh. "You could always make a deal for me to leave... But you've already done a deal."

"I did no such thing." I snap and Dean just laughs and goes back to hanging out of the window. I swear it was like living with a child.

"No seriously, I want to know why you and other demons believe I apparently made a deal with a demon!" I say, pulling him back into the room and he grumbles moodily under his breath and flops down onto the bed, putting his arms behind his head.

"You really don't remember do you. I suppose that only makes sense." Dean laughed. "All you were trying to do was summon God to you, and instead you got a rein of devils pouring into your life instead." My mouth opened up in shock as suddenly, I realised what he was talking about.

Flashback

I was going crazy. My belief in god was starting to fade. All I wanted was a sign, a sign that he was really there. Anything to suggest that he listens to me or even existed. It was hard just relying on my faith of him.

I had found an ancient book in the church, one that i had never actually seen before on the book case inside the study of the church. He decided to read it and this is where he was thankful that his family had actually come from Italy and where extreme Catholics as the whole book was in old Latin.

I read through it a few times and come across a summoning incantation. I read into closely and itch my chin, wondering what it summoned. Some of the old Latin words I didn't understand and I had to look them up. Yet some weren't even in a Latin dictionary that my father had given me when I became a priest.

I knew the gist of what was being said. I summon thee ____ to do my bidding, to answer my questions and to ___. It also said something about Cain, the King of Hell and Lucifer being banished from earth. What it said never did make any sense but it was a book that had prayers in it from what I had read.

"What harm can it do?" I ask myself and start to read the instructions.

End of flashback

I stare into space as I think back to when I drew a pentagram on the floor and started shaking. When I did it I hadn't thought that it had even worked! All I was trying to do was get Gods attention and instead I brought wrath and ruin down onto my head.

"It's lucky you got the incantation wrong or you would have sent me, old Crowley and old Saint Nick, the devil himself all to damnation!" Dean says, pretending to wipe his brow before grinning at me. "You also caught everyone's attention when you did that, there was just something about you."

"I-I didn't mean- all I wanted to do was summon god."

"You weren't summoning god, you were summoning Michael so e could send us all to hell." Dean shrugs and sits up, yawning as if this was the most casual conversation in the world.

"Michael? The archangel?" I ask in awe and Dean nods.

"Yeah, he doesn't come down to earth often." Dean says, biting his lip. "Where do you come from? Originally I mean?"

"Italy. Our family is Italian." I say absentmindedly as Dean nods his head.

"And before that?" He asks and I sigh.