CHAPTER ONE

Hi guys this is my first novel, it's my own original story.
Constructive criticism is welcome.

Kathy's POV

"Hey! What are you doing in here so early in the morning " Luna Grace asks as she walks into the Kitchen " just cooking breakfast for the pack"
"on your own?" she raises an eyebrow "you know, you could have waited for the others to wake up" she grabs the whisk from me to continue beating the eggs despite my protests.
"I know but I couldn't sleep so I decided to come down here and get started with breakfast." Every member must contribute to the well being of the pack. I feel it is my duty and besides I love to help.

"Mummy! Mummy!"My son comes running into the kitchen all excited with my mate following close behind. Joseph and I have been together for eighteen years. We were friends before we discovered that we we were mates, I admit that it was strange at the beginning but who am I to deny the goddesses' will. We fell in love and our love is still strong despite all we have been through. I was unable to conceive for over 12 years but then I had my little miracle, my son Vincent and our family was complete.
"Did you sleep well? " I ask my son, looking into his big brown eyes "yes I did mama" he answers. He looks more and more like his father everyday.

I am grateful for my mate, for every tear I shed, for all the ridicule I faced due to my presumed inability to conceive, Joseph was, is still by my side.

"Please be safe " I say to my mate wrapping my arms around his neck, his arms around my waist as I press my lips against his in a passionate kiss. Joseph is one of the best warriors in our pack, the Moonshine pack, it is one of the strongest packs in the world, and our Alpha Grayson has put him in charge of other warriors along the eastern border which has been under attack in the recent weeks by Rogues . Rogue wolves are wolves that have been kicked out of their packs for breaking pack law and they are forced to leave. There are a few wolves who choose to become rogues, opting for a life of solitude, however, most rogues live to create chaos for packs.
"Do not worry my love, I will be fine, I love you" Joseph says with one last peck on the lips, he walks to the door to join other warriors heading to the Eastern border.

I go about my business, taking care of my son and helping around the pack. I halt in my movements when I feel as if my breathe has been taken from me, my vision begins to blur as I feel like my heart has been yanked out of my chest, I look down to my chest in panic, thinking that I will see a bloody hand protruding out of my chest with my heart in its palm. But, there is nothing, my cheeks are wet as tears stream down my face then am covered in darkness.

I awaken to beeping sounds and voices in the background. Opening my eyes, I blink a few times to adjust to the light. I realize that am in the pack hospital surrounded by my mum, Alpha and Luna with their eyes red and puffy.
"Mum, what happened? where's Joseph ?" I ask panic- stricken, I want my mum to tell me that I had a heart attack and that Joseph has just walked out to get a coffee, if not, I don't want to hear it. I don't.
"Honey, there was an attack, the rogues, Joseph, he - he, they were outnumbered" mum's voice cracks as I shake my head in disbelief, tears streaming down my face.
"The injuries were to severe honey, his wolf could not...
"Stop. stop lying to me!" I cover my ears, sobbing, thrashing.
"Please"
" His gone, I am so sorry honey" Mum wraps her arms around me as I release a high pitched scream.