54 | ninja without a sword

Sunghoon's POV

Before we begin, let me just make you aware of the statistics.

There were five of the 'bad' agents along with the bruised and buffed prison guards, and the rest of the seven agents including us were part of the good team, which was perhaps a good news.

The bad news was that the good team wasn't much in a good shape— same could be said for a few members on the bad team— and Jessica and Anderson were gone, which meant that we were going to have more people to fight off.

Crap, I think the bad news outweighs the good one.

Chaos ruled as soon as the audio clip got over, most of them talking among themselves.

"What I showed you was an interrogation which had taken place between Ex-agent Mr. Rodriguez and Agent Park and Rivera." Heeseung spoke up, everyone falling silent in order to hear him.

"Agent Lee is right!" Thea shouted, turning around to look at everyone. "These people are working with the criminal organizations, and want to get rid of us!" She added when suddenly a gunshot was heard, all of us turning to look at the source of it.

Anderson stood there with Jessica, his gun pointed at Thea while Jessica's gun was pointed up in the air, telling us that she had shot in the air to gather attention.

"Truth's out, Anderson. There's nothing you can do about it." I stated, shrugging my shoulders and motioning at the agents around us.

"That's a shame." He admitted, his face scrunching up in distaste. "But do they still believe you completely, Agent Park?"

"Well, at least we do now after you have admitted it." Yonghwa replied before I could, earning an exclamation of joy from Thea.

"Too bad, you just signed your death warrant." Jessica replied with pretense sadness in her voice, her statement followed by complete mayhem breaking out in the lobby.

I went straight for Anderson while Thea decided to take on Jessica. I noticed Yonghwa attack Brandon and tackle him on the ground, while the rest of the agents engaged themselves in fighting off the bad ones out of the lot.

Now I know most of you would be like—

"Damn, just shoot them in the head. Why are you even taking so much efforts not to kill them?"

But unfortunately they could do this, not us. We had to catch them alive since it was important for us to extract information from them later on.

Then maybe I can happily go and put some bullets in their empty heads.

I pushed aside Anderson's hand with gun and punched him with my other hand. He staggered back, his focus slightly disoriented. I took the opportunity and kicked the gun out of his hand, the metal object sliding across the floor to a distance.

"You bitch—" He growled, a fist coming out of no where to punch me in the gut. I doubled over in pain, after which I received a blow on my face making me spit out blood.

He was about to attack me again when I noticed a leg kicking him hard on the side of his face, the impact actually causing him to fall on the ground.

"Dipshit, remind me later that I need to teach you a thing or two about hand-to-hand combat." I heard Thea speak before going back to fighting her own opponents.

"Sure." I muttered, standing up straight and wiping the blood off my face. I looked to my side and saw Thea busy fighting some dude, while Jessica was lying on the floor in no condition to keep up the fight.

Of course, hand-to-hand combat was her strength like those ninjas but without swords.

Whereas there was me, taking down people with my chicks— I mean, guns.

I noticed Anderson was trying to get up, his movements slightly slower since even for him it was hard to keep up at this age.

No wait, I shouldn't think like that. Otherwise I might end up feeling sorry for hitting a forty-five year old man.

I saw Anderson's gun lying a few feet behind him but fortunately he hadn't noticed that. I quickly ran towards and grabbed it right before he could realise and shot him in his leg, making him yell out in pain.

"Sunghoon!" Thea yelled from a distance while in a fight with one of the buffed guys. "Do that again!" She said, pointing at her opponent. I realised her plan and aimed at the dude's leg, pulling the trigger at the correct second.

The male fell on the ground with a groan, his hand holding the leg which was shot.

Seeing this Thea whistled, and turned her head around to look at me in awe.

"You teach me how to aim like that later, okay?" She asked, making me crack up at how she was actually gaping at the scene and probably wondering how I had easily managed to shoot him and not her legs accidently.

Well, aim is one of my strength after all.

Thea's POV

I was trying to regain my breath after making sure the guy I was fighting with had no chance to attack me again when suddenly I heard Sunghoon call out my name. Even before I could turn my heard around to check what had happened, I felt someone kick me from behind, my body falling on the ground because of the sudden force.

"You know what? I'm sick and tired of this shit." I heard Jessica snarl, while Sunghoon rushed towards me to help me get up. I tried to stand up with the support of my hand but unfortunately as soon as I applied pressure on it, it felt like someone was moving a burning hot dagger in my wrist.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath, holding my injured hand with the other. Sunghoon, perhaps, got the idea that something was wrong with my hand. He crouched down in front of of me, hiding me from Jessica's view.

"You good?" He asked, clearly worried. I nodded, when suddenly my ears perked up at the sound of a gun being reloaded.

Oh, no. Please don't tell me Jessica had managed to get a gun during the commotion.

"Sunghoon, move." I muttered, not daring to look behind him. His worried expression changed to a confused one, right before he decided to turn around and look behind him.

Knowing that I wouldn't get a better chance than this, I pushed him to the side using all the force I could muster in my other hand.