53 | a show for baddies

Don't forget to play the song before reading this!

Thea's POV

"Quick!" I muttered, while Yonghwa took out a gun from his pocket and aimed at the chain of my cuffs, the bullet breaking them as soon as the trigger was pulled. Chaos ruled the room, half of the agents looking around in pure confusion while the others rushed out of the room to check what was exactly happening.

"What do you think are you doing?!" Brandon yelled while Yonghwa was busy getting rid of Sunghoon's handcuffs. He took out his gun and aimed at Yonghwa but fortunately before even he could press the trigger, I kicked the gun out of his hand and punched his face.

Man, I think I felt something break.

The male fell down on the ground cursing, his hand covering his nose while blood had already dripped down and stained his shirt.

I love my knuckles, you know?

"What the hell is going on?!" Sunghoon yelled, flexing his wrists as the cuffs fell on the ground.

"Alien invasion!" I yelled back in reply, throwing the chairs over Brandon so that he doesn't come behind us anytime soon.

"What the fuck lady—"

"Where's Anderson?" Yonghwa asked, interrupting Sunghoon mid sentence while looking around frantically for the said male. 

Oh god—

Please tell me Heeseung sabotaged the communications or else we are dead meat.

"The last thing I would want is to fight with more of his friends, ugh." Sunghoon groaned in frustration, his face scrunching up in distaste.

I whipped my head around and looked at him in pure shock, my braincells nearly dying while I tried to figure how in the world he said exactly what I was thinking about.

Telepathy, is that you?

"You mean he might have gone to get backup?" Yonghwa asked, a bit lost.

"Yes. And you puny, no good pieces of trash are going to die even before—" A very annoyingly familiar voice spoke up, though slightly nasal than before. But even before he could finish his sentence Sunghoon kicked a chair at him, ending his threat right there.

My guy Brandon accidently got hit on the nose again, the impact making his body fall back on the floor.

I almost pitied that poor shit, help.

"Shut up." Sunghoon muttered, his voice barely audible over my favourite song which was blaring through the speakers but I could clearly make it out with his lip movements.

"Let's just go from here!" Yonghwa yelled from the entrance of the room, motioning us to leave. I nodded when suddenly I felt Sunghoon grab my wrist and run ahead, dragging me behind. Both of us were right behind him when Sunghoon slowed down to a stop and left my hand as soon as I followed his actions.

"Is this planned?" He asked, desperation evident in his voice. "I really don't want anything, absolutely nothing to go wrong." He added, looking at me intently for my answer to his question.

"Blossom got our backs, Buttercup. History isn't going to repeat itself." I assured him, knowing exactly that he was worried about things falling apart like it had before.

Too many casualties for his own mistake. It was too much for him, and if it happened again it was doubtful whether he would come out of the grief unlike last time.

A warm smile crept up on his face as he looked at me fondly.

Oh God, what have I done to the Park Sunghoon I knew?

"You better know what you are doing, Bubbles. Or else I'm going to murder you." He mumbled just loud enough for me to hear when suddenly Yonghwa yelled from a distance, motioning us to hurry.

Forget what I said. It's the same Park 'Annoying' Sunghoon I had met the first day I came here.

We entered the huge lobby, which was placed in the center of the entire building from where one agent could go to any part of the building. I looked to my side and saw two agents trying to type something in the computer and the reception and lift the receiver, but the expression on their face told me our friend had managed to do his job.

"The entire system is jammed!" One of them yelled, trying of make himself heard over the loud commotion.

Well, it's not everyday that your office gets blessed by DJ Snake's music.

"I can't see Anderson." Sunghoon said in my ear, earning a nod from me.

"He must be here somewhere—" I stopped mid sentence, slightly taken aback at seeing the music turn off suddenly.

All the handful of people which were present here stopped at their places, the air filled with pin-drop silence. Soon after a second or so, a familiar male was heard clearing his throat through the speakers.

"This is Agent Lee here. I hope you enjoyed the music I just played." Heeseung spoke through the speakers followed by Sunghoon looking at me in shock. I tilted my head slightly, giving him a look which said 'I-didn't-have-any-other-option'.

"What is going on here?!" I heard Brandon yelling from a distance, god knows how he managed to even shout without crying in pain.

"Shut up, man. I'm trying to put up a show here." I muttered to myself, rolling my eyes.

"Going ahead, ladies and gentlemen please listen to this audio clip carefully. It will clear all your confusion." Heeseung announced politely, followed by a few clicking sounds. Soon after, Sunghoon's voice was heard loud and clear from the speakers.

"Why did you fake your death?" The audio started playing causing the male beside me let out a fairly audible gasp.

"It's the Rodriguez's interrogation!" He whispered, earning a nod from me in response. I looked around and saw everyone listening to the interrogation, few of the good agents keeping their ears open while the others just heard it to make sure it wasn't going to blow their cover.

And my, my, when I tell you how their expression faltered when they heard their entire plan get spilled.

"Holy shit man..." Yonghwa muttered, his jaw literally hanging open while he tried to take in the sudden developments.

Well, to be frank, it was indeed a huge surprise if you hadn't known about it before.

"I told you." I replied, shrugging my shoulders casually. As the last lines were being spoken in the audio clip, I felt Sunghoon tap my shoulder to get my attention.

"I can see everyone here apart from Jessica and Anderson. Both of them have literally vanished from here."