29 | bullets love dipshit

Thea's POV

"I can't feel my fingers." I said, slightly shivering as I pulled myself up from the river in the dark, dripping wet from head to toe which made my clothes stick to my skin. I just heard a soft groan from behind me while I was busy walking towards the sports car parked near the river bank, opening it's door and taking out two towels from it.

"Holy mother— no wonder my hand feels like it's been stabbed with a hot knife." I heard Sunghoon speak to himself before hissing in pain. I turned around and saw the male completely wet from head to toe, one of sleeve completely red because of the blood soaked by it.

"What the hell happened?! I thought the plan was to escape decently without getting hurt!" I almost yelled, brushing my wet strands of hair off my face and rushing towards him to have a look at his arm.

"It's just a bullet scratching my arm, showing it's affection like usual." He muttered, before muttering curses under his breath as he looked down at his hand. I quickly unbuttoned his sleeve-cuffs, rolling up the material with my numb fingers who simply refused to stay still.

Why the hell did it have to be so cold today? Couldn't it just be hot so that the dip in the river would have felt satisfying?

Mother nature, you do like us puny humans suffering, don't you?

"Don't fuss over it. I have dealt with worse." Sunghoon scoffed, pushing away my hands slightly before I could even grab his arm. I looked up to him and tilted my head, resisting my urge to punch the lights out of him for being over-confident.

"Fine. Try to live with all that infection happening in your tiny scratch." I retorted, before sneezing loudly.

"Try living with the cold you will be catching." Sunghoon said, mimicking my voice but at least an octave higher and in a bad tone.

Fuck it, the entire voice was messed up.

"Ew stop." I cringed, completely disgusted at his poor quality mimicry job. I shoved the towel into his chest and began walking towards the car, taking out the spare clothes I had packed since it was a very bad idea to end up at airport in wet clothes.

"Ew stop." Sunghoon mimicked me again, his frown now turned into a sly grin. I turned around and squinted my eyes at him just to meet his eyes which had a mischievous glint in them.

"Stop it." I snapped, flicking his forehead and making him yelp in surprise.

"Stop—" He began again but before he could finish his sentence, I smacked my hand on his injured arm.

Damn, the way he yelled out in pain. Half of me wanted to just get rid of his pain but the other half of me wanted to die laughing after seeing this face. But I finally decided to go with the second option.

It doesn't hurt to be a little evil, you know?

Sunghoon's POV

I sat on the passenger's seat after wearing my dry clothes, keeping my injured hand well away from Thea's in case she starts smacking it again because I had dared to breathe and live around her.

Don't look at me like that. I have already told you— that creature is unpredictable like the chance of your account on Wattpad being seen by your ultimate bias.

Sorry, I didn't mean to break the fourth wall like this. Anyways, back to the story—

"Enjoy." Thea muttered, throwing a small bag on my lap after taking it out from the car's glove box. I opened the zip and saw a bunch of tubes of ointments, a cotton gauge, a huge roll of cotton wool and of course, a pack of mint chewing gum.

"I think you would enjoy this." I said, trying not to loose my amazing braincells over the fact that this lady beside me had actually managed to pack mint chewing gum inside a first aid bag.

As if chewed gum would be required to fix broken bones by sticking them together with it.

"I was looking for this thing everywhere!" Thea exclaimed, grabbing the packet from my hand and ripping it open, popping one strip in her mouth and saving the rest for later. "Gosh, it's been decades since I had one." She muttered, sinking into the driver's seat with happiness.

"It's only been a day. What the hell are you even talking about?" I asked her, wondering whether she was even sane at this point or not.

"I'm exaggerating like, hello?" She retorted, before letting out an agitated sigh and rolling her eyes while munching on her favourite item. "Isn't your hand hurting or some? Get over with it before we reach the airport for our flight." She added, motioning at my hand and the bag of supplies. I nodded, determined to not give her a chance to complain about me or refer to me as a problem.

But heck, my determination went down the drain when I started struggling to open the bottle of antiseptic liquid with one hand to clean my wound.

"Uh—" I tried to form a sentence, at which I failed miserably because I couldn't put myself to tell her to do a simple little thing for me. Thea stopped just as she was about to start the car, turning her head around to look at me. She looked down at the bottle and my face, before bursting out laughing.

"You are so adorable." She muttered under her breath and took the small container from me, taking out a small ball of cotton from the bag. She opened the small bottle and poured out a small amount of liquid into the dry cotton and looked at me.

"It's gonna hurt, so yeah." She said but before I could even respond, she touched the wet cotton on my injury.

It took each and every cell of my body not to cry out in pain.

"I'm completely alright. It doesn't even hurt." I muttered through clenched teeth, my nails digging into the seat while my associate cleaned the area around my wound to prevent any sort of infection.

"Why does this feel so cliché?" Thea muttered, before letting out a silent chuckle. "What more can I expect from you, anyways?" She added, trying to annoy me to divert my mind from the pain.

Fortunately, it was working really well.