20 | flying stilettos

Sunghoon's POV

"That's not possible. I have known him since years." I stated, hoping that Brandon was probably messing with us.

"No, Agent Park. Even Mr. Anderson is suspicious of him. We believe he is part of the conspiracy which is happening in the agency. He must have tried to get rid of Agent Lee after he came to know that he knows about it." Brandon said, his voice in a serious tone. I looked at Thea and saw her quietly stare down at the floor, his eyes fixed at a point while she was busy thinking about something.

"Does he know that you are replacing Heeseung?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"No. We have decided not to tell him in case he makes a move." Brandon admitted, earning a hum in response from me. 

"Alright. Do you have access to our locations right now?" I asked, staring at the screen of my phone.

"I can't access them since they are only limited to the agency's system. And if I access them through the system, there's a huge chance Mr. Brown might get to know." He replied, disappointed but still determined to help us out of this situation. "But I can track your car and access to your ear pieces. So it shouldn't me much of a problem for me to contact and locate you." He added.

"Anything else?" I asked, wondering if he had anything to add to it.

"Nope, that's it. Just keep your ear pieces on and switch on your car's GPS when you are travelling. I'll tell you if we find some evidence on Mr. Brown." He said, concluding the conversation. I hummed in response again, before bidding him goodbye and cutting the call.

"I can't believe this. It almost seems as if history is repeating itself." Thea spoke up, as soon as I ended the call. I sighed, not being able to bend my mind around the fact that the person I had known so long would betray us just like this.

"I still don't believe it, though. Heeseung was trying to say something about Mr. Brown just when his car got crashed." I said, thinking hard. "Only if he was able to tell me the entire thing..." I trailed off, staring down at my hands and feeling disappointed as I did not see any ray of light in the dark.

"Maybe he was telling the same thing as Agent Smith? It has happened already with me, Sunghoon. It sounds too familiar." Thea said, her voice laced with worry. I nodded, agreeing to her since her perspective made sense too.

At this point, it was very confusing whether whom we should trust or not, since the wrong option can just lead us to death and all those honest agents who risk their lives getting rid of these criminal masterminds.

"We can only decide whom to trust after we catch hold of Mr. Rodriguez."

━━━━━(🍂)━━━━━

I was opening the door of our room, with Thea trying to make a formal conversation with a potted plant kept beside our door. We had decided to visit the bar where Mr. Haruno's assassin was supposed to be tomorrow to make an estimate on the footfall and the night life around the area, since it would be easier for us to catch hold of the man without being seen, if we knew the streets and the corners well.

While at the bar, Miss No-Alcohol-On-Duty herself said it was pretty rude to be in a bar without drinking anything. Only if I knew she has an habit of partying hard, unlike me who just sat there silently drinking while watching her chug down way too many glasses and dance with random people.

Gosh the amount of effort I had to put in to drag her out of there.

"Sir, why are you so silent? Is there anything wrong?" She asked the plant, poking it's branch to make it talk. She turned her head around to me, clearly disappointed at not seeing the plant talk to her. "I think Mr. Bush here does not want to talk to me." She told me, shaking her head sorrowfully.

"He wants to sleep. Now get in so that Mr. Bush can sleep peacefully." I said, opening the door for her. She hung her head down, quietly walking into the house. I let out an exasperated sigh and got inside, closing the door behind me and locking it from the inside.

"Are you going back to Seoul tomorrow?" I heard her speak up from behind, her words slightly slurred but easily understood. I shook my head in response.

"You will probably need someone to watch your back, so I decided to stay with you." I said, keeping the keys of the car on the center table. Thea let out a shout in joy, punching her hands up in the air.

No wonder all those drinks had got to her head.

"You are the best!" She exclaimed, standing up from the couch she was sitting below and lifted one of her leg up, removing the strap of her stilettos and shaking her leg to get rid of it. Instead kicking it off her legs gently, she kicked it so hard that it came flying towards my face.

I ducked in time, the stiletto crashing onto the wall and then falling down on the ground.

"Watch it!" I shouted, before another stiletto came flying, almost making contact with my junior. I jumped to the side, narrowly missing it as it fell a few feet apart from the first one.

I sighed in relief after seeing that I nearly escaped from being sterile while Thea fell on her bed laughing after seeing my narrow escape.

What am I even gonna do with this lady?