09 | car chase

Thea's POV

"How the heck is that possible? No one knows about your mission apart from me and Mr. Brown." He said, clearly surprised. I furrowed my eyebrows, taking a exit from the highway to check if the car was actually following us. Unfortunately, it took the same exit and drove behind us, confirming my suspicion.

"I don't know, Heeseung. He is actually following us." I said, becoming even more alert than I was. I glanced to my side and saw the male still fast asleep. "I'm going somewhere secluded so that I can get rid of it." I said, taking a left turn which led to an empty road.

"You are in the countryside so it shouldn't be difficult to find one." He spoke from the other side of the call. I hummed in response as I pressed my foot on the accelerator, increasing the speed of the car. "Where the fuck is Sunghoon?"

"Dipshit is being himself. He's fast asleep." I grumbled, using my left hand to shake Sunghoon's shoulder, my right hand on the steering wheel.

"Great. Just, great. Wake him up quickly and get rid of the car behind you. This is not a good sign." Heeseung said, clearly annoyed with his friend as well as worried because of the situation we were in. I hummed in response again, bending down and felt the place below the car seat. Soon after a few seconds, I found the gun which we had hidden during the start of the trip.

"Sunghoon get the fuck up if you don't want to die!" I yelled, punching his bicep really hard. He woke up with a start, looking at me with wide eyes, his hands covering the area where I had punched him.

"What happened?" He asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Take the wheel while I take down the car behind us."

Sunghoon's POV

What?!

"We are being followed?!" I asked, almost yelling, coming into my full senses. Thea nodded, loading up the gun in her hand. I let out a frustrated groan and bent to my side, holding the steering wheel.

Thea lifted her leg up in the seat, and climbed into the backseat within a few moments. I quickly sat on the driver's seat, my eyes on the road as I sped up the car more, since it had slowed down when we are shifting seats.

I looked into the rear view mirror and saw a white car behind us, both of our cars being the only one in the empty country road.

"Open the car locks." She ordered from behind. I abided, as I pressed the unlock button. She let out a deep breath, before opening one of the doors behind and shooting at the tyres of the vehicle behind us.

Through the rear-view mirror, I saw the the car skid left and then right on the road, its speed slowing down with it's front tyres deflated.

Suddenly, we heard sounds of gunshots from a distance, one of the bullet hitting the side of the door. Thea cursed under her breath and pressed the button beside the sunroof to open it.

"Drive in such a manner that they don't get me." She yelled, before standing up, her upper half above the sun roof. As per what she said, I moved my steering wheel left an right alternately, making the car move ahead in a zig-zag path. 

Thea's POV

"Bastards." I whispered, aiming at the car who was still coming behind us, but in a slow manner since two of its tyres were deflated. I rained bullets in the direction of the driver and the male who was sitting beside him, first few bullets breaking the windshield and the rest killing the men in them. Seeing the car suddenly swerve again to the bushes and crash there with no signs of the people moving in it, I got back into the car again and closed the sunroof.

"Done?" Sunghoon asked, looking at me through the rear-view mirror. I nodded, panting from the sudden expense of energy. "Damn— you were on fire, Agent Rivera." He complimented, as he looked away from the mirror back to the road.

"Thanks." I replied, getting back into the seat beside him. "Heeseung?" I called out while keeping the gun under the seat.

"I'm here, I'm here." He replied after a few seconds, sounds of key boards keys being clicked in the background. "I seriously have no idea how someone got to know about this." He said, before letting out a disappointed sigh.

"Maybe someone must have noticed us in Tokyo." Sunghoon suggested, his voice dead serious. I nodded, agreeing with him. "By the way, how much time do we have to travel more to reach Hiroshima?" He added, shifting to sit in a relaxed position with his hands on the steering wheel.

"Three hours at the max if you hit the highway again in half an hour." Heeseung replied, earning a hum in response from the latter. "Call me if something happens again. I need to report this." He added after a few seconds of silence.

"Alright." I responded, before switching off the ear piece again. Soon after taking a few turns here and there, we joined the highway again. Sunghoon quickly sped up the car, going up to one hundred twenty miles per hour.

"You can go to sleep if you want to. I'll wake you up when we reach." He said, glancing at me through the corner of his eye. A nap seemed pretty good right now, so I quickly agreed to him and made myself comfortable in my seat and soon drifted off to sleep.