01 | hospital sucks

Sunghoon's POV

"How in Satan's butt did I end up here?!" I almost yelled, my eyelids half open while I scanned my surroundings, but all I saw was white walls, green curtains and a teary-eyed male.

Oh god, not again.

I'm sick and tired of waking up in hospitals.

"Excuse me, but I think a "Thank you Heeseung for saving my ugly life." would do great, along with some groveling." The male in front of me sassed, quickly wiping away the tears and pretending he wasn't crying at all.

"Save my life? The last time I knew, I was shooting down some idiots with a handsome pair of goggles on my perfect face." I said, raising my eyebrow while I observed the cast on my hand and the bandages which wrapped my other hand and a leg. I let out a small sigh in relief, knowing that at least all of my limbs were intact and functional.

"The building freaking blew up, you imbecile. It's a miracle that you are alive." He said, smacking my chest and making me cry out loud in pain. The nurses outside peeped inside the room and shushed at us. Heeseung apologised to them, assuring we wouldn't repeat it again.

I closed my eyes trying to recall the last few seconds before I passed out. Yes, there indeed was a loud sound, like a explosion, before I was pushed behind while in process of saying something savage to the dead bodies in front of me. 

"Oh right. Things blew up." I said, nodding solemnly and then letting out a groan as pain struck me like someone breaking my neck. Sure working for a secret agency on an international level was fun, but it came with free injuries along with every mission, like some festival sale in a branded clothing store.

"Thank god you remember." Heeseung sighed in relief, shaking his head at me. "Anyways, I was here to inform you that from today, you are not going alone in any of the missions." He stated, looking at me in my eyes. My eyes widened in joy, seconds away from shouting in happiness.

"You are joining me in the field!" I exclaimed, causing another nurse to peep inside our room and shush at us for the second time, her eyebrows furrowed at us. I apologised on our behalf and turned around to face Heeseung.

"No. You are partnering up with someone else." He deadpanned. My hopes crashed into the ground and made their way past it to fall into the chasm of nothingness. I silently cursed at my luck, blaming my future partner for existing in this world.

"I don't work with anyone. I work alone, like a professional ninja." I retorted, making it clear that I was not at all interested working with a newbie. He scoffed at my statement, before taking out his phone and playing an audio in it.

"Sunghoon, you have had enough near-death experiences because of working alone. From henceforth, you will be paired up with an agent in your future missions. No excuses or else you will be demoted." I heard my supervisor say in the audio clip, exactly knowing what all I would have done to dodge this. I let out a frustrated groan, sinking down into the mattress and sulking. Heeseung burst out laughing at my pouty expression, patting my head as if I was a small kid.

"You got your order, Agent Park. Now get your sorry butt to the headquarters before Mr. Brown kicks you out of your position."