40 | crumbling love life

Thea's POV

"I'll visit again tomorrow. You need not change the dressing— I'll do it." Jayoung told me, a warm smile adorning her face. I nodded, knowing that she would be able to take care of Heeseung's injuries way better than me. After talking to her for some time I accompanied her to the main door and bade her goodbye.

As soon as I closed the door, I ran towards the bedroom and jumped onto the bed, surprising Heeseung which made the latter almost yelp out loud.

"So?" I asked him, resting my chin on top of my palm as I sat cross-legged beside him.

"So what?" He asked me back, raising his eyebrow questioningly.

"Spill the tea." I heard Sunghoon say from the door, his hands folded across his chest while he leaned against the door-frame.

I must admit, that man can make hell of a good entrance.

"There's nothing to spill." Heeseung quickly replied, rolling his eyes at us. Sunghoon clicked his tongue in annoyance and walked over towards us, sitting down beside me.

"I see the love bird will not open up." Sunghoon stated, shaking his head solemnly as if he was very disappointed. I suppressed by laughter and put on a sad smile on my face, placing my hand on Sunghoon's shoulder and pretending to console him.

"It's okay. We are not his close friends to whom he could open up about his crumbling love life." I sighed, putting all of the disappointment and sadness in one statement. Sunghoon nodded, pretending to be very sad.

"What the fuck do you mean by 'crumbling love life'?! It didn't even begin yet!" Heeseung yelled in protest, his expression slightly nervous upon seeing us so heartbroken and sad.

"All the best." I muttered, secretly poking Sunghoon and then getting up from the bed. He took the hint and got up after me, both of us leaving the room as if we had been denied to go to the Disneyland and were told to complete our homework instead.

As soon as we went out of sight, Sunghoon quickly covered his mouth and began laughing, his hand thankfully muffling his laughter. I kept my index finger on my lips to tell him to be quiet, but instead I couldn't even stay still with all that laughter building up inside me.

"Are you guys seriously sad over this?—" We heard Heeseung call out, his voice giving away that he was feeling guilty on making us feel like we weren't close to him. "I didn't mean to break your hearts like that." He spoke up in a lower voice this time, probably regretting his decision not to spill.

"Fuck everyone, I'm going to marry Heeseung for being this adorable." I whispered near Sunghoon's ear, trying my best not say it out loud in excitement.

Yes, if you haven't realised it yet, I'm very vulnerable to cute things.

"Fuck that idea because Jayoung exists." Sunghoon retorted, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Well, fuck you for ruining my daydream." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"And fuck you for crushing over every single man in this world except one." Sunghoon whisper-shouted and turned around, walking away from me.

And when I said walked away, he literally stormed off.

Sunghoon's POV

"We were just joking." I admitted, earning a loud gasp from Heeseung followed by him hitting my head with a pillow around four times.

Thank god there wasn't a binder kept around him. Otherwise I would have been knocked out cold on the floor.

Thea entered the room while I was still in the process of being smacked, the scene making her burst out into fits of laughter.

"Why the hell are you laughing?! It's your turn now!" Heeseung snapped, pointing at the place on the mattress beside me and telling her to sit there. Thea shook her head furiously, still laughing at seeing the man so angry at a harmless joke.

"Calm your tits dude." Thea finally managed to speak after seeing the older finally sit still. He hummed in response, glaring at both me and Thea while I shamelessly continued to grin widely.

"Oh come on say it already—" I complained, now getting impatient. Though we roughly knew already about what was going on, hearing it from his mouth had some different type of fun in it.

Heeseung let out a loud and big sigh, nodding rather reluctantly.

"I may have feelings for her, but I'm still sorting them out." He quietly muttered, looking down at his hands while he poked the mattress. "It's just an attraction. I'll probably get over it eventually." He added, waving his hand dismissively in front of his face as if to say it was not a big deal.

I looked at Thea and noticed her quietly studying Heeseung's face, trying to read his expressions.

"Don't push away your feelings. It will make it harder for you. Try to understand them." I advised him, patting his shoulder. Thea hummed in response at my statement, quietly sitting down beside him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder.

"Dipshit's speaking words of wisdom, Heeseung. You better listen to it because it rarely happens." Thea said, throwing a wink at my direction. I yelled in protest, feeling attacked at the sudden insult. I was about to open my mouth and argue back saying I am very smart and intelligent when Heeseung interrupted, clearly annoyed.

"Why do you both fight among yourselves so much? I feel like my head is going to explode after living in the same house as you two." He snapped, glaring at us both and giving us death stares. I gasped in disbelief, offended.

"I'm trying to patch up our differences but he won't listen—" Thea said, pointedly looking at me and giving me a dirty look.

"What!? Excuse you but you are the one insulting me on a daily basis!" I argued back, pointing at myself and trying to show that I was not at fault and rather I was the victim. Heeseung groaned in frustration, burying his face in his hands while both of us continued bickering among ourselves.

"I think I am going to loose my mind if I stay with you two any longer."