37 | bubbles becomes a nurse

Thea's POV

"So I have a good news and a bad news." Heeseung piped up, while I was busy changing Sunghoon's bandage on his arm after changing Heeseung's.

Give me a part time job of a nurse already, geez.

"Go on." Sunghoon said, sitting on the stool in the bedroom while Heeseung sat on the bed, the laptop which he had borrowed from me lying on his lap. Yesterday we all were too tired to continue with our plan, so we had decided to retire to bed early and go on with it the next day.

"The good news is, I managed to hack into my computer which is kept in the office." He announced, smiling ear to ear. "And the bad news is, Mr. Brown has been detained on the account of death of two agents and one missing." He announced, silence filling into the room as soon as he finished.

"Who issued the statement?" I asked, looking at him for his response. Heeseung let out a sigh and closed the laptop, keeping it aside.

"Anderson. Gosh, I hate that bitch." Heeseung replied, muttering the second line under his breath. I clicked my tongue in annoyance while Sunghoon just stared at the floor, lost in his thoughts.

No one spoke for a couple of minutes, only the sound of me moving across the room to keep aside the first aid box audible. 

"Speaking of death, how did you guys manage to fake your death and fool them like that?" Heeseung asked us, while I was in the bathroom to wash my hands in the sink.

I turned on the faucet and placed my hands under the running water and started scrubbing them, when I heard Sunghoon let out a smug laugh.

"Magic!" He said, suddenly followed heard a loud smack. I turned off the tap and looked outside, only to see Sunghoon painfully rubbing his bicep while Heeseung furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"It was Dipshit's plan. An adapted version of how that bitch Rodriguez fooled me." I told him, drying my hands with a towel. Heeseung nodded, appreciating the cleverness of the idea.

"We chose a car for our backup and parked it near the place where we were going to stage the accident, our belongings in it." Sunghoon began, sitting beside Heeseung and leaning against the headboard of the bed. "By the time Thea was doing that, I helped one of Thea's friends to book our flight tickets with different names." He added, looking at me and motioning me to move ahead.

"Wait— who?" Heeseung asked even before I could begin.

"Park Jay. He is stationed in United States." I answered, looking at him intently for his reaction. He slowly nodded, humming in response.

"I think I have come across that name. Anyways, then?" He muttered, moving his finger slightly in the air, telling me to spill further.

"I came back by evening and by the time we all were ready, it was already night." I said, recollecting the things we had done. "We left after having a light dinner, and then called up Brandon pretending we had found a lead and we were heading towards it." I added, nudging Sunghoon to finish it for me and walking towards the small table kept in the corner of the room to have a glass of water.

"Soon like we had expected, we got into a car chase. Since both of us knew Brandon was out there to get rid of us, we acted as if we were actually in trouble and they had managed to burst our tyres while it was just Thea shooting at our tires herself when we came near the bridge." He said, earning a small exclamation of amazement from Heeseung.

I hummed in response, agreeing to him while I emptied the contents inside the glass of water.

"After seeing the perfect chance, we purposely crashed onto the side of the bridge and dived into the water. Before that we had opened our windows, so that it would be easier for us to escape. I set the self destruction timer on the car and both of us got out of it. As soon as we made it a bit far away, the car blew up which just confirmed that we were dead for those men up." Sunghoon said, ending the explanation with a smug smile. I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the fact that he had missed one detail.

"And your best friend here managed to get shot even though we had made it very clear that we were supposed to swim to the backup car unharmed." I said, poking Sunghoon's shoulder while saying each syllable of the word 'unharmed' with great emphasis.

Heeseung let out a small chuckle, shaking his head at my statement.

"I would have been more surprised if he had come out without a scratch on him." He commented, earning a yell in protest from his friend who furrowed his eyebrows at him, clearly mad at him for making that statement.

"I'm not even that careless, okay?" Sunghoon argued, glaring at the older.

"Says the same person who has ended up almost dead in hospital three times in his five years of service." Heeseung taunted, playfully rolling his eyes at the younger. I gasped in surprise as I looked at Sunghoon with wide eyes, not being able to believe that he had been into so many life-endangering accidents.

"Bullshit! It has happened only twice." Sunghoon debated, poor guy's reputation at stake. Heeseung let out an fairly audible scoff, looking at his fist as he began counting the incidents.

"One happened a few months back," He began, sticking out his index finger to show that it was the first incident. "Another one was in Russia—" He said, now sticking out another finger to make the total as two. He opened his mouth and was about to say the third one when he stopped, clearing his throat abruptly.

"I got it. Three times." Sunghoon muttered, his expression unreadable. I could literally feel the atmosphere around these two change from a bright one to something complicated. It wasn't even any sort of tension between them but the air felt slightly tensed.

I shrugged off the feeling, thinking it was only me feeling the change in the air since both of them had very casually changed the topic already and were busy bickering among themselves about who is the most stupid of them both.

"Damn Jesus Dipshit, you need to be careful in future." I said, interrupting Sunghoon's argument where he was narrating some incident where Heeseung was dumb and it led to the malfunctioning of the toaster. He nodded, barely acknowledging my concern for him.

I swear when I tell you I wanted to smack him on the head. This guy is always complaining about how cold I am towards him and now when I'm concerned, he's busy arguing about his stupid toaster which was ruined by his friend.

God, give me some patience before I decide to choke slam Buttercup over some petty argument.

━━━━( Author's Note )━━━━

we need a ship name guys suggest me some/vote on the best ones 😫😫