Sin: part 5 (b)

He went with him anyway.

Maybe it's time for me to finally realize that he's not my property anymore. I should let him go. It's his life who am I to meddle with it. But Choi Seungcheol? Seriously? Did he have to choose my arch-nemesis to go for a coffee with? What if he has a thing for him? And later they become boyfriends? Then move in together? Or maybe I'm being too melodramatic. 

But I love Joshua...

Anyway, brief on the murder case. We did go to the church and did everything as planned. As Wonwoo expected, we couldn't find the criminal there. It was apparent, that he wouldn't stay in the same place. We showed the portrait to the priest and his pupils, but they refused to recognize him. Search is still on. 

The whole day went by planning and executing. Exhausted, I reached home. Joshua was already there, sitting on the sofa, reading a book. 

He looked at me, smiled, and waved his hand. Can't believe I suggested becoming his fuckin friend and that guy is taking him out on coffee dates. Grudgingly, I ignored him and went straight to the bedroom, closing the door behind me. I fell onto the bed directly without changing, I was too tired. 

Shortly after, I heard a knock on my door. I put a hand over my eyes. I don't wanna deal with him right now.

"Go away, Joshua,"

He didn't knock after that. Before falling into a deep slumber, a thought was constantly roaming inside my head. Why am I behaving like this?

My eyes opened around 8 pm. Lights were off, and a blanket was over me, but Joshua wasn't there. Now that I think about it I didn't have to be harsh on him. He didn't do anything to piss me off. I was just assuming stuff.

 I got up from the bed and went out of the room to look for Joshua and water, my throat was dry too. And found both of them in the same place. Joshua was sitting on the kitchen counter, eating grapes, while scrolling on his phone.

Without saying anything I walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge, and took out a water bottle. He was so engrossed in his phone that he didn't even glance at me. Do you know what he does on his phone all the time? Rubbish! You can find him always searching for every kind of historical myth and theory related to various religions, cults, foolish facts, and ways to hack into almost every website and app. 

Annoyingly, to get his attention, I faked a cough. He finally lifted his head from the phone. I still didn't say anything and drank my chilled water. But from the side-eye, I noticed him staring at me.

 I was about to go back when he grabbed my shirt's sleeve. "Need something?"

He pointed a finger at me, made a crying gesture, by rolling his fist and squeezing his eyes, then pointed at himself. He's asking me if I'm upset with him. It was apparent for him to think that way given how I behaved towards him today.

"No—I... I'm not upset with you. It's just-" I clicked my tongue and exhaled. I went closer and stood beside him. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have acted like that. I was just...feeling a bit tired today,"

He took a short pause, then smiled at me warmly and spread his arms out. 

I chuckled, "It's fine. I don't need a hug," He insisted and kept his arms open. So I moved, put my head on his shoulder and hands on his back. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I released a breath and relaxed while he was stroking my hair. Well, a hug does feel good after a hectic day.