Sin: part 2 (a)

But that bedroom story was a lie.

Next morning, I was standing on his doorsteps. I rang the bell. Door opened in a few seconds. "Hi," I smiled. He saw me. And shut the door on my face. Happened within ten seconds of me being here.

Wow! What an insult!

I know he's standing just behind the door. This time I knocked two times and used my tactic, "Investigating officer Yoon Jeonghan, here for an inquiry. Open the door," I said in a stern voice.

Surprisingly, he did and didn't close it afterward. "Hi again," I said moving past him, into the house. His face was clearly pissed.

"Are you free?"

He shook his head and gestured towards the dirty dishes in the kitchen. "Oh, you were doing dishes?"

Nod.

"Let's do it together," He stopped me by his hand, denying me to come. "Your hand is injured, it'll take more time. Let me help you,"

He sighed. So, I helped him in the kitchen. I was washing dishes while he was wiping them. After some time of awkward silence, I thought to break the ice casually, "It's been so long without each other, right?" 

He showed me four fingers. "Yeah, four months,"

Again dead silence. Being alone with him was never uncomfortable for me before, in spite of his quietness. But once you're exes, you're neither lovers nor friends, just two strangers who happen to know each other

"Are you, uhm— seeing someone... these days?"

He gave me a questioning look. "I mean, uh, you know? Just... asking,"

He turned his face away from me. Wah, now he got attitude? Yeah, like I care who he's dating and who's not. I focused back on washing the dishes but the curiosity level was rising inside my heart. Ah! This jealous feeling. I hate it.

 I do care. 

"Okay, look," I stopped washing for a few seconds and faced him. "It's not like I give a damn about your dating life but don't tell me it's that tall sporty guy at your work who hit on you last year," I blurted

He put a hand over his mouth, his eyes forming a crescent shape. "Stop laughing and tell me. He gives me creep vibes," 

He shook his head, trying to suppress his smile. 

"So, you aren't dating anyone?"

Nod.

It was not hickey marks, Thank God!

After finishing the work, I went to wipe my hands and Joshua started putting the dishes back in the cabinet. It seemed like he was unable to lift his left hand much high to put the mugs on the upper shelf. Does he have an injury there too? Suddenly, that blood-stained shirt flashes in my mind. Red marks, bloody injuries, cut, just what in the name of God did he do? Streetfight? 

"Give me," I took the mug from his hand and put the rest of the utensils. 

Shortly, I caught him staring at me. "What?" I said