Sin: part 8 (a)

Hence— started the investigation once again.

6 in the morning. Leaving Joshua sound asleep, I quietly closed the bedroom door and went outside. A police car was parked in front of my house and stood four officers in navy blue uniforms. Gosh, how much I miss wearing my uniform!

I stepped toward them, they gave me my portable radio mic while each of them has their own attached to their shoulders. It helps to connect within a 5 to 20 km range distance. After testing our mics, "Contact me as soon as you break inside," I ordered and they drove off to the church.

I sat on the backyard porch, patiently waiting for them to arrive there. I lowered the radio volume so as not to wake Joshua up with its chatter sound.

Discreetly guiding an investigation through your backyard while sitting in shorts? I have never felt any weirder than this before.

After almost half an hour, the mic buzzed, "Broke the lock. Entered inside," Seungkwan informed.

"Copy," I said, "Saw someone there?"

"Yeah, Jesus," Seokmin snickered.

"Wanna get fired?" I rebuked. Can he take anything seriously for once? "Connect again when you find something," I put down my radio mic and waited for the next call. 

Just once it is known that those people have a hand in these murders, I will get this church banned forever and burn all the traces of their practices. That way no one will think of making this cult again in the future.

My gaze went to the sky. The sun is nowhere to be seen, only dark clouds. Dew drops have been collected on the grass because of last night's rain shower. 

Some twenty minutes later—

"Jeonghan?" Wonwoo spoke

I instantly picked it up, "Y-Yes, I'm here,"

"We've checked every corner from ground to third floor. The church is oddly empty than usual,"

"As if a burglar swept all the stuff," said Mingyu over the mic.

"Copy," I said as my forehead formed a crease. Did they remove it because of the forthcoming earthquakes? Think, think... there must be something else, some room, or a chamber. 

 "Guys!" I spoke earnestly on the mic, "There's a small iron door in the right corner of the chancel, can you see it?"

"Yes," Seungkwan answered. "But it has a lock outside,"

 "Now listen, everyone," I said, "Seokmin?"

"I can hear you,"

"You will pick the lock of the iron door and priest's office,"

"Copy,"

"Wonwoo and Mingyu will search inside the office and Seungkwan and you will go down the basement," I instructed them, "It will be our last try, if we still find nothing, then come back. Next call within five minutes,"

"Copy," they said in unison.

Please, get some evidence soon, just enough to prove their scandal.