Sin: part 2 (b)

I didn't leave. 

Soon, I found myself knocking on his door again. He opened in a second and wasn't much surprised to see me standing outside but when I made my next move. 

I entered inside without permission and closed the door shut, didn't give him a chance to react, and pinned him on the nearby wall. He struggled to no avail, these arms aren't strong because of lollygagging in training sessions. I narrowed my gaze, he stared,

Oh gosh, how much I would love to smack my lips onto yours, but I have another business here.

I leaned, snaked my hands around his slim waist into his back pocket, and snatched his phone out. I'm surprised how I know his every habit till now.

I saved my contact on his phone and gave myself a missed call to have his contact in mine. After I was done, I pulled him closer and put back his phone into his pocket. 

His dumbfounded face was worth seeing!

I gave him a smug smile, waved him goodbye, and left like the main character in a teenage novel. Why did I do that? Because he changed his number after our break-up and if he gets himself into trouble, I bet I'll be the first one he'll call. And never in eternity, he would've exchanged numbers with me if I had asked. 

I rolled the steering and headed toward my department. To work on my new theory about this murder and the one who attacked him. It's quite unbelievable how both the crimes happened on the same night, and I have no clue about any of them.

I parked my wheels in my reserved space and walked straight into the building, spinning the key ring around my finger, unknown of what was coming. My boss. Yes, Mr. Choi Seungcheol. Usually, I'm the one bossing around here, but remember there's always one boss above a boss. 

"You. Are. Late." He said pointing at his wristwatch while boring holes with his gaze into my skin. Surprisingly, I could hear full stops in his sentence. 

"Uh... I... am... actually-" Why am I speaking in slow motion?

"You're actually what?" He crossed his arms.

"I was gone out to make an inquiry related to the case,"

"Oh, really? Where?"

"That—uh, I told you about that one house with the broken window, right? There. He looked kinda suspicious to me. I was making sure he isn't the killer,"

"Is he?" 

"Nope." I looked down, hands behind my back. 

"That's your boyfriend's house, isn't it?" Seungkwan chirped. 

I bite my inner cheek and glared at him with an 'I'm gonna kill you the moment I'm free from this camel' look.

"Is there a type of inquiry that requires flirting?" Seungcheol taunted

"N-No," I murmured

"Then stop romancing around and show me some real progress!" He chastised. 

"Yep,"