十五 - 15

!TRIGGER WARNING! VIOLENCE AND SLIGHT GORE

I heard someone scream, a horrifying sound that made terror strike through my chest. Only a few seconds later did I realize that I was the one screaming, then lurched forwards to cough again.

    "Miss Shimoda?" Ayaka burst into the room with an oil lamp in hand, setting it down instantly when she saw me.

I was trying to get air in my lungs as swiftly as I possibly could, ignoring the spatters of blood that appeared on the floor each time my vocal chords stung.

    Ayaka raced out of the room, shouting for a medic, but the pounding sound in my ears only grew louder and louder.

    It hurts. It felt like someone had stuck a spiked bat down my throat and twisted it around to rip it out. Whenever I tried to stop coughing the bat went into my stomach and tried to skew my insides.

The blood around me started to look more like a pool, impossible to ignore. No. I can't die here. I can't, not after I haven't gotten to-

Whatever thoughts I had were interrupted as my stomach lurched and I threw up all over the floor, more blood, so much blood.

If I had the ability to scream, I certainly would've, but the severe amount of blood loss caused me to collapse on the floor, the shadows in the room swallowing me up until nothing remained.

"(Y/n)," a voice called me through the darkness.

    I looked up and met the eyes of a woman. She had long white hair that swept gracefully over her shoulders along with striking blue eyes. Her appearance was so similar to Ayaka that it made me shiver.

    "Wake up."

    I took a step back as she started to walk towards me. "What?"

    "I said to wake up," she glared at me, "wake up. WAKE UP!"

    I gasped and opened my eyes, immediately trying to sit up out of habit.

    Ack! My stomach felt like it was trying to tear itself out from the inside and I immediately fell back onto the pillow. Shit.

    I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I tried to say anything, even if just a whisper, but my vocal chords felt as if they were frozen, never to be heard again.

    My eyes began to tear up as what happened came upon me yet I couldn't even cry.

    The door to the room opened and a woman stepped in with a bottle of medicinal herbs in her hands.

    "(Y/n), I see you're awake," she smiled, walking over to me, "I'm relieved. Is it alright if I inform the head?"

    I nodded.