二 - 2

I stared at the window in my room

 I stared at the window in my room. It was quite large and I could easily fit into it, making for an easy climb down. I stared through the glass to see if anyone was around, luckily it appeared as if it was clear to go. I was grateful to Kamisato Ayato for saving my life, but that didn't justify them keeping information about my father away from me.

Despite how foolish and selfish it was, I loved my father dearly and couldn't think of anything else at the moment except if he was alright.

They didn't lock the windows of my room which was a thankful oversight for me. Then again, most people they kept here probably would not think of escaping via bedsheet-rope.

While I was sure to regret this later I didn't want to turn back now, I would rather look like a fool than be with the regret that I hadn't at least tried. I opened the window and tied the end of the bedsheet to the screw that was poking out at the top of the surface, and began to hoist myself out of the window.

There's a thirty feet drop ahead if I mess this up... I shook my head. Messing up simply wasn't an option right now, not when so much was on the line. I placed my hands in a quick prayer and began to ascend.

I wrapped my legs around the sheet and then clutched it tightly with one hand. Taking a deep breath, I released the hand hanging on the window cill, now making me fully dependent on the makeshift rope. There was no sign of tearing at all thus far which gave me the incentive to keep going. I began to shuffle downwards inch by inch, taking care to not pull on the fabric too much. I had made it about three feet down in the span of a few minutes, trying my best not to look down. At this point, I was still too far up to be detected unless someone decided to directly look upwards. I continued for another ten feet and it was smooth sailing up to this point until I suddenly felt a slight tear in the fabric.

Shit.

I knew I had probably about fifteen seconds to climb down or back up before I fell, so I decided to just slide down as much as quickly as I possibly could. I doubt that I could make it far enough down that I wouldn't be injured but it would still be past death, right?
I wanted to convince myself that, at least.

My life was practically flashing before my eyes right now, but it was the result of my decisions that I was at this point.

Knowing that; I wouldn't take back or regret my actions. If it even gave me a slim chance of seeing my father again.

Ever since my mom had left to go to Liyue my father liked to stick to me like glue. We were all each other had. It was really hard for me to make friends that weren't just using me for my father's income, so I ended up just losing hope in anyone truly liking me at all. After all, if I lost all my money, I doubt the people that talked to me would be interested in it anymore- that was the kind of world that we inhabited.

But there wasn't time to reminisce right now. The bedsheet tore and I felt myself begin to rapidly fall towards the stone ground. I closed my eyes and anticipated my body to collide with the cold stone ground, however it felt kind of... warm?