八 - 8

"Y-you-!" Ayato recoiled and his face turned bright red

"Y-you-!" Ayato recoiled and his face turned bright red. "You can't just do a surprise attack like that, you know! Especially when you're in one bed... with someone..."

    I could sense him fighting with his restraint, an upward battle that only grew more difficult as time passed and the night grew deeper.

    "As punishment, could you say it again?"

    His voice was small in the large room. Blushing like a schoolgirl, he asked that question in a quiet voice- so quiet it was hard to pick up.

    I had never seen him so vulnerable. Well- not exactly vulnerable.

    "Aya-"

    He suddenly lunged forward and kissed me, not even letting me finish my sentence.

    "Hey, wait-"

    Just like that night, he forced his way into my mouth.

I pushed at his chest desperately, trying to get him away.

    "Not today, I said!" I snapped at him.

    "Well then why are you teasing me like this?" Ayato replied, his voice sounding low and raspy. "It's unfair."

    "Sorry, I wanted to see your reaction."

    The best way to resolve the situation was just to be honest.

    "That's–!" Ayato practically jumped off of me. "That's cruel."

    He was obviously moping in an attempt to get me to comply with what he wanted. "I'm sorry for doing that, it wasn't fair, just please bear with it for today."

    "Yes, m'lady," he sighed, "I'll go and get some fresh air, then."

    He walked off, looking slightly disconcerted.

    I took a deep breath and rubbed my eyes. I had wanted for a moment to entertain his actions, however I was exhausted. At this point it must have been a few hours past midnight, leaving me in a weary and fatigued state. I would certainly have to wake up to cook breakfast for Ayato as repentance for tonight, so I had to sleep as quickly as possible.

    My eyes fluttered shut and I allowed myself to fall into a swift deep slumber.

    "Come on!" a girl was running through the field with a joyful smile on her face. Beside her was a boy with snowy blue hair that was softly blowing in the wind as he raced beside her with an awestruck look on his face.

    She stopped under a giant sakura tree and let go of his hands.

    "Look what I found the other day!"

    As if on cue, a gust of wind picked up which caused the cherry blossoms to shower over them. The girl turned towards him with a bright smile on her face.