六 - 6

¡TRIGGER WARNING! VIOLENCE AND SLIGHT GORE

"What were those noises last night?" Thoma walked beside me with a concerned look on his face. "It sounded like you were in pain, but one of Ayato's water illusions was blocking the way to the door."

"Ah, is that so? Haha," I scratched the back of my head, "I had a few thorns stuck in my side because I fell into the rose bushes earlier, and Ayato was helping me take them out. That's all it was."

"Ah, alright then," Thoma gave me a bright smile, "I hope you are feeling better, (Y/n)."

I nodded. "Thanks for the concern, Thoma." I placed my hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry if the noise bothered you."

"M'lady," Ayato's voice sounded in my ear, "what are you doing?"

I turned over to him, startled. "Ah, Kamisato. I was talking with Thoma about the thorns you took out last night. It was a real hassle, wasn't it?"
"Yes, but it was my pleasure to help you out."

You didn't have to emphasize that part, idiot.

"Wow! Master is so caring towards you, (Y/n)," Thoma whispered in my ear. "I think he might have taken a liking to you."

"Ahaha... maybe," I nodded.

Yeah, he sure did take a liking to me. My fucking legs were killing me due to this liking of his. I wish I had just stopped after the first round, but no, I had to tell him to keep going. It was absolutely killing me to walk due to the fact it hurt so bad. I had to smile for Thoma, but I staggered once every few steps.

"Master, (Y/n) may not be feeling well," Thoma dipped his head, "she's been having some trouble walking. Maybe taking out the thorns tired her out. She might need some painkillers."

"Sure," he replied, "anyways, my sister was calling for you, Thoma. Be sure to be apt to meet her requests."

Thoma nodded and scurried away.

. . .

It had started like any other normal night after a completely normal day. There were no updates on my father so I had simply gone to bed without prying further. When I had tucked the covers over my face, I had begun to wonder how long life would continue like this. Such a peaceful period surely wouldn't last for such a long period of time. Ayato had come into my room at around midnight, causing me to stir awake to look up at him.

"Mr. Kamisato? What's got you here so late at night?"

He walked over to me and sat down right beside me. "I wanted to talk to you."

"This late at night?" I yawned, covering my mouth with my hand. "Couldn't it have waited until morning?"

"I'll let you sleep in," he murmured, slowly reaching his hand towards mine, intertwining our fingers together, "so could I just stay with you for a little?"