Chapter 23*Goodbye*

New chapter dedicated to RenegadesFangirl    Your comment motivated me to update.
Thank you 🥺😘

**************Alex's POV************

I woke up around 6am this morning. I had series of nightmares all through the night. I dreamt about Lucas Scott but he wasn't sweet and charming as he used to be, he was a vampire.
He tried to hunt me down and turn me into a vampire but I kept running and hiding, I saw Mason too. At first he seemed okay but later on he tried to attack me, he was a vampire too.

I ran away from everyone because it seemed like they've all been turned into a vampire. I ran into Jessica and I was so relieved because she was still human. Both us ran and ran until we decided to come up with a plan to defeat them.

We decided to kill the head vampire and hoped that it'll end this whole frenzy.

We stocked ourselves with holy water and garlic and some silver swords. Hopefully it'll work like it does in the movies.

We bravely marched into the layers of the vampires, throwing garlic like  grenades and spraying the holy water like guns. We were unstoppable until we finally got face to face with Lucas Scott. He was sitting in a wooden chair with carvings that looked like a thrown.

He had to be the leader.

I looked over to Jessica and she looked over to me. I think we had the same thought. I nodded at her and then we charged at him.

We were almost out of garlic and holy water. And Lucas made it worse because he was moving so fast thereby dodging all our advances at him.

Unfortunately Jessica ran out of both garlic and holy water then decided to use her silver sword. But Lucas knocked the sword out of her hand in a swift move rendering her armorless.  I yelled for her to get behind me but it was too late, Lucas was already behind her, holding her by the neck. He slowly sank his teeth into her skin and I was so shocked because it all happened so fast. In seconds, my best friend's skin turned pale, her eyes, pitch black and her red hair became more vibrant. Two long canine teeth sprouted out from her mouth as she seemed intoxicated with the process.

After a few more seconds, Lucas stopped and licked the slight blood that slicked out from his mouth.

Now I was staring at me best friend who looked at me like I was something to eat.

“Join us Lexie. It feels so great, you don't have to be afraid anymore, you can be part of something great, something special. You can be special. Let me make you become special. What do you say?” Jess said to me coyly while slowly trailing towards me like a predator.

“Jess I love you, and I'm sure you'll come back to your senses after I do this!” I said and quickly threw a garlic at Lucas, and it flew right into his mouth.

He started coughing vigorously and vomited some greenish gross liquid. When he finally looked up, his face seemed normal again. And he looked scared.

“Alex? What's going on?, Oh my god, there were vampires all over town and I think one of them got me.” Lucas said with fright.

And I looked over to Jessica, but she was still a vampire.

“Wait how come you're not changing back? I already cured the leader. Lucas ” I said confused.

“You think he's our leader?” Jessica said and laughed out loud like a hysterical witch.

I thought she was supposed to be a vampire, I didn't know vampires laughed like witches too.

“Wait Alex, I remember who turned me, I think it was their leader, it was...it was....” Lucas said stuttering while raising his finger to point at me.