#37 candied

three.
'sweet as sugar.'

•:*✿.': ✿.︎-*✿.;.✿': ✿.︎-*✿.:•

"a barista?"

abnormal to the idea of working in a cafè, felix blinked upon the apron handed to him. though he admitted that he was looking for a job, he hadn't expected it to be a cafè.. not that it was a complaint, but rather an out of the blue option. he still loathed living off his ex's income, and if the start to a job was a cafè, he needn't need a reason to let this opportunity pass.

"yeah!" the caramel haired with unusual enthusiasm chirped, as if he'd been looking for reasons to have felix play his part in becoming in barista, since his only goal was to better his vocals and that's it. "but don't worry, i'll work part-time too!"

raising his head to meet the chestnuts' gaze, he played a small smile, "really?"

"of course!" he replied, gesturing two thumbs up towards the brunette for assurance.

felix couldn't have been more thankful. his first job was attained with a breeze, and the only reason being the brunette to his front. "thank you, jisung." he sincerely appreciated.

returning their fond smiles, jisung was quick to bid him an early goodbye since minho had called him over backstage to ready himself before his first gig.

as the brunette marched away, he looped the apron around his neck, both the ribbons tying behind his waist as he stood before the cash register. in all actuality, he had no idea on how to manage this system due to his inexperience, but he picked up every detail a cashier would have every time he visited a restaurant. all he had to do was feign them- since only they're roles had switched. easy right?

wrong.

the first customer had to be a scorning redhead who was limping his way inside the cafè. and just as felix felt the need to despise his presence, another familiar blonde brightened the sudden dark aura, erasing his thoughts of considering a massacre. and of course, followed by them was taller who looked like he'd left his stove running before leaving his home.

chan's eyes searched through the crowds, locking when they were fixated with a teethy smiling brunette, aggressively swooshing his hand in the air to gain his attention.

chuckling to his amusement, he requested the taller blonde to help the limping redhead, while he approached the counter to greet the australian brunette.

"hi."

felix let out a small laugh from the sudden awkward perception of the blonde. though that feeling was mutual. because now, both of them had come out. felix never expected himself to admit to it, but he learned that it wasn't something voluntary. he couldn't control the way he truly felt, so this time, instead of perfecting it, he accepted it.

but something he also hadn't expected, yet still looked up to was chan coming out. maybe it was a bit abrupt, but as he gave it more thought, he realized how blinded he really was- repeatedly trying to convince himself that chan was straight and so was he. when in reality, neither were.

nevertheless, he'd learnt from his past. and he'd do better now, or that's what he convinced himself with. especially since now the thought of having feelings for chan started poking through his thoughts. he tried brushing them away, because that was impossible.

they were just friends.

benefits included, but not more than that.

"i hate to interrupt a good ol' staring contest, but i really want a croissant." jeongin nudged, growing impatient from the two giving lovey-dovey stares towards each other.