#33 alternative

seven.
•:*✿.': ✿.︎-*✿.;.✿': ✿.︎-*✿.:•

"it's a shame that one of my most expert and trustworthy clients, ended up betraying me."

jeongin dryly gulped, his forehead tensing up to where he could feel the droplets of sweat precipitating their way out. like a clogged memory with anxiety trickling down his skin, he knew he'd faced the consequences of betrayal. though it was expected, it still managed to shake him up entirely.

upon hearing his silence, racheal wrapped her finger around along seoul-hee brown locks as her head laid right on her lap with her ears perking on his response.

"is there anything you want to defend yourself with?"

sighing, jeongin knew there was no turning back. his ego had ridden up far too much, restricting any attempts of the actions he'd regretted.

"no, i don't regret any of it."

racheal let a chuckle pass her lips, accompanied by the scoff beard from seoul-hee. the two found it atrocious of his stubborn behavior.

"you're really a confident one, aren't you?" she continued while catching her breath, "despite knowing how ruthless the consequences were, you still betrayed us? you know, it won't do you any good either."

jeongin gaze fell down to his lap, a polaroid of two specific people he had stored for a long time now. a specific blonde, making a goofy face while a certain redhead chuckled at him. he ran his slender finger across the blonde's photographed face and inhaled.

he knew there would be consequences, despite bringing racheal and seoul-hee down, he too would automatically be dragged down the drain. and he was well aware of it, yet he still went against their words, only to disclose the matter between whatever mischief the two were up to. even if it meant he'd be just as troubled.

"enough." he warned, his voice spitting like venom on the other line, "just tell me what you want."

"if that's what you want.." she smirked, "a five million transfer and we'll leave you alone."

jeongin sealed his eyes shut, he could feel her grimace as she spilled each word out of her lips so heartlessly. but what could he expect while working with people with hardened hearts and coveted revenge?

"is that all?"

"you're trying to make it seem like it's not a big deal?" she paused to scoff unbelievably at his response, "you won't make that much money, even if you fucking sold yourself."

jeongin let the words brush through his mind like he'd expected this type of treatment from her type of people. he didn't seem to care a bit, not showing a little trace of regret to what'd he'd done.

"i don't care." he continued, "people like you don't deserve my worry. for you, it's all about the money."

racheal raised a brow, sensing a sort of testing jeongin was trying to push her limits to. "now now, jeongin. you're making us sound like the bad people. it's clearly felix's fault."

jeongin rolled his eyes at the comment, knowing his set of secrets.

"i know it's not."

"he clearly cheated!"

"and you know why."

not wanting to hear more from the imbeciles, he quickly cut the call. raking his finger continuously on the polaroid he held. now that he had realized the blue print of the whole situation, he found it accusing on to why he agreed to work with the kind of people he shouldn't have messed with. perhaps it was the reason that he'd be able to see his old acquaintance again, but if that was truly his intention, he would've thought about siding with him. yet he chose the wrong path.