#22 commemoration

'changes matter, accepting them is harder.'

•:*✿.': ✿.︎-*✿.;.✿': ✿.︎-*✿.:•

"happy new years!"

fizzing drinks in chalices clunk together in unison as the timer set on for an upcoming new year. confectum fulminated and scattered the metallic piecing into the surroundings, most of lounging on the lit flooring, while the rest alighted in the locks of hair, of the sweaty bodies grinding against one another.

a new years party.

considering felix, an hardcore introvert who'd stay out of large crowds, especially one that didn't have any formal intentions, would be surprising on how he ended up agreeing to tag along in this party of a sort.

it was crazy, animalistic, and everything that could increase his rate of anxiety.

felix preferred staying home, sipping on fine extracted wine while cozying up to his loved ones and binging on a movie, maybe just a walk around the streets without any interaction limiting above the person he'd loved and chose to be alone with, but a party? he would never agree to one.

a jubilant, peaceful and fitting christmas with chan felt like yesterday, but no, it had already been almost a week since their little 'date'. since then, nothing intimate existed between the two, just attendance of his sessions consisting of their normal conversations with a few laughs here and there.

felix knew he and chan were warming up, and he somehow predicted it since the moments they shared were mostly racy- making normal interactions and little less pressurizing.

but after their christmas eve incident, chan had been quite stiff about his behavior and tried to maintain a friendly distance between them. he wasn't that successful since he felt himself warming up again through the week- however, their interactions weren't much intimate.

felix didn't want to admit to conceive as needy, but he was quite pissed at it.

keeping his thoughts to himself before he could implode, he felt a bit relieved when chan had took the initiation to invite him to a new years party.

of course, if it would've been any of his friends or even his brother who invited him he'd immediately decline their request, but considering the awkward space settled between the both him and chan, he decided to agree to it, only to get close to chan again.

wait, no, that sounded to upright- felix, wanted to prevail their friendship stronger between the two of them again.

and that lead to where he stood cluelessly in between the abundant number of people smelling like vodka.

nudged by his side, he eyes his brother eyeing him in concern, he knew felix wasn't the greatest partier.

"i can't believe you agreed to this."

felix couldn't either. it was so not him, but something kept whispering by his left shoulder to give it a shot. it had been ages since he let loose, as a matter of fact, he didn't even think that letting lose was attending a new years party. felix was fated to be an all time worrier- always thinking on the negative side of things. and a party, especially one like new years is a perfect place for his brain to wander possibilities of the worst.

but more importantly, how did minho end up here? the invite was for two people, him and chan as a pair. he was dumbstruck when he found it his brother would be attending too.

"i thought the invite only upheld two people."

minho flashed his brother a glance, a smirk playing on his lips as he replied, "i'm good friends with the host, don't worry."