heart to heart

✧

The last couple of days had been so repetitive for Evelyn Hernandez. She would wake up at what seemed to be the crack of dawn, get semi-ready and then leave the beach house with all of her practice gear. Catching a ride with Destiny who didn't live too far from them as they made their way to Coastal and began the start of their very hectic schedules.

Their days ranged anywhere from 5 in the morning to 8 at night, or sometimes they lasted even longer. She barely had any time to see Asher and only saw the rest of the boys in the house when they also woke up for their training camps. Jordan and Spencer woke up around the same time as she did but usually left in the opposite direction as they headed for Golden Angeles occasionally telling her how they were doing at camp and how Enrique was doing since he was staying at the Hernandez residence rather than the beach house.

On the off chance that their schedule allowed them to wake up even a little later, Evelyn took every opportunity. Basking in the comfort of her bed, and enjoying the feeling of her boyfriend's arms wrapped around her. But her moments of bliss shortly ended when she heard the blares of her alarm, causing her to groan entirely too loud for Asher's liking.

"Time for practice?" Asher's voice was hoarse as he shifted behind her, stirring awake.

"Yeah, sorry," she apologized as she rolled out of the bed. "I didn't mean to wake you. Again."

He simply waved her off as he rolled onto his back, propping his hands behind his head as he watched her race from the bedroom to the bathroom, preparing to get ready for her volleyball practice.

"Kay, I gotta go," she picked up her duffle bag, swinging it over her shoulder, and gave him a quick peck. "I'll see you at like 8 or 10. Who knows?"

Asher called out, "Love you!"

As she raced down the steps in a rushed manner, she halted in her tracks at the sight of JJ in the kitchen. Unlike Spencer and Jordan, he wasn't completely immersed in the training and practices for football, and she knew that because he never took her up on the offer to carpool in the mornings.

"Cereal?" he offered her a bowl of cereal.

"Some of us have practice, JJ," Evelyn raised her eyebrow at him. "You should be coming with me. We go to the same school."

"Eh, I'm ripped. I don't really need to keep hitting the gym," he declined.

"Alright, well, I'll see you when I get home," Evelyn hummed. "If you're not going to school then you might as well have dinner ready when I get back."

JJ tilted his glass of what seemed to be whiskey in her direction and grinned. "We'll see."

☆☆☆

A loud array of rap music blared through Evelyn's headphones as she beat at the punching bag in the gym. On certain days their schedules consisted less of volleyball drills and more of strengthening and conditioning in the school's gym as they prepared for their upcoming season.