epilogue

✧

eight years later

Eight years seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye. Everyone intertwined in the vortex had graduated within the four-year mark, with the exception of Evelyn, who took her gap year in stride and decided to travel and go see places she had never seen before. When her year of gallivanting around the world ended, as her parents so kindly put it, she decided to continue her education and stayed in New York to attend NYU, majoring in Education and Social Policy.

Of course, she made good on her promise and made frequent visits to LA to see her friends and brother. There were many times she visited and would just see Enrique or Liv and Layla because getting over Asher was still a bit hard to digest.

But after a year or so, both of them were able to be in the same room without any awkward tension.

After a while, it was just natural for them to move on and begin finding their way into relationships with other people. Asher had a steady girlfriend for a year or so but then they broke up due to reasons he wouldn't disclose to anyone. Evelyn also had a serious boyfriend back in New York but after being together for a long period of time and the relationship not going anywhere it eventually led to them breaking up.

Truthfully, the cycle of Asher and Evelyn having a relationship and then breaking it off once it seemed to be getting a little too serious continued until the day Evelyn graduated from NYU.

The memory was clear as day, everyone flew out to New York to surprise her at her graduation, and then her parents decided to throw a party at their penthouse.

Evelyn's emotions were already running high after the surprise and once she saw Asher they heightened. After some polite mingling and whatnot, Evelyn finally found the courage to invite him back to her apartment and they began to reminisce about their days as a couple which then led to them ripping each other's clothes off and falling back into old habits.

This all leads back to the present.

Evelyn Hernandez was now an elementary school teacher which she absolutely loved, Enrique got drafted into the NFL and now played for the Cincinnati Bengals, and coincidentally, Layla expanded her Keating Records to Ohio...to be a bit closer to her boyfriend, and Alejandro was now a hormonal teenager but that was their parent's problem. Olivia was a journalist and engaged to Spencer who got drafted into the Los Angeles Rams right beside Jordan who was their second-string quarterback. JJ was living his best life as a fitness influencer who traveled the world.

Last but not least, Asher got recruited by the Los Angeles Rams to be an assistant coach. He had a few offers, especially after such a successful run at Coastal California but those offers were too far, and he didn't want to uproot his or his family's life. Plus, there was no better job than coaching his friends and being in the city he loved.