drunken outbursts

✧

"Evelyn! Hurry, I need to get to school!"

Enrique stormed into his sister's room upset at how late she was making them that morning. He immediately spotted her at her vanity straightening her hair and yanked the cord out of its socket.

"Enrique!" she shrieked. "You're off punishment. You have been for months now. Just go!"

"But, I've gotten used to you driving me around," he whined. "Come on. Dad already packed your lunch, just meet me downstairs."

Evelyn slipped her shoes on in a rush and glared at him. "You're lucky I was done with my hair. Now get out of my way, loser."

"Evelyn your lunch!" Joaquin called out, handing her lunchbox over and her duffle bag for practice. "Have a nice day. Your mom already took Ale so you're off the hook."

"No, I'm not," she grumbled, bumping her brother's shoulder on the way out. "Get in the car, puto."

"You know, the name calling hurts, Evie!" Enrique jokingly called out after his sister.

The twins entered the school, both going their separate ways after she drove them. Evelyn went towards her boyfriend's locker while Enrique went off to bother some poor girl.

Asher's eye lit up at the sight of his girlfriend. "Hey, babe. You look pretty."

"Thank you," she hummed, pecking his cheek. "Oh, just to let you know I am having lunch with Layla. So, have fun with your bros."

"No," he groaned. "You can't leave me alone with them."

"I think you'll survive an hour away from me," she teased. "And if you want, I can bring you back something from the cafe."

He gave her a small smile as his arms wrapped around her tiny frame. "My usual? Please."

"Hey, guys," Vanessa greeted the couple.

Evelyn rolled her eyes in response and couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy at the sight of the girl. She reached for her boyfriend's neck and pulled him in for a very heated kiss. Asher knew what she was trying to do but he was still a teenage boy with a hot girlfriend so he kissed her back.

"Whoops," Evelyn shrugged innocently as she pulled away from the kiss. "My bad. I gotta drop my things off at my locker. Have fun with...your friend."

"Nice seeing you too, Evelyn," Vanessa sighed.

Asher patted his girlfriend on the back. Giving her a stern look that basically said, what you just did was wrong. "Bye, babe."

☆☆☆

"I can't believe you still use that lunchbox, Evelyn. Zayn's face is all scratched off."

Layla shook her head at her friend as she innocently pulled her lunchbox out in the middle of the cafe to eat her sandwich.