Rainbows and Fitzypoo

This chapter refers to chapters nineteen, twenty-four and twenty-five. 

KEEFE'S POV

I wasn't there when Foster got taken away. I should have been. 

But I wasn't. All because of my stupid pride, stupid thinking, and stupid Fitz. We were arguing about the only thing that seemed to make Fitz happy lately, aka Sophie, and he got so mad that he sent me to my room and locked me up.

Don't you dare come out. He had hissed. I swear to god, if you do, I will kill you. 

I know, this is a pretty stupid thing to be fighting and making threats over. Foster's a human with real feelings, after all. I didn't know what the heck I was thinking. 

I was stupid. I am stupid. 

I sometimes wonder how things would have been if Fitz or I hadn't been interested in Foster. I mean, I try to not have them so that she could be happy with Fitzypoo, but these feelings are here to stay. According to Fitz, I am fighting a losing battle, so I should give up, but if anyone had actually known me, they should know that I never give up, not if I could help it.

When Fitz came back to release me from my 'jail' a while later, he told me what had happened to Foster. He was so, so angry -- not at the Council, but at Foster. I mean, sure, the Council have a way of manipulating things, but if there were people who knew Foster, it was us. 

And if you looked at her, you would know that she wouldn't do anything as terrible as murder without any reason. 

Okay, okay, to answer your question, yes, I am aware of how cringy these sounds. But I'm just sayin'. There's gotta be someone who would listen to my inner, complex, and marvelous thoughts. Kidding, kidding.

Anyway, you should be able to guess how elated I was when Foster transmitted to me after a while of silence. I was chilling in Fitz and I's Emissary room while he was off running errands for Biana. She needed new fabric for her new clothes shop, apparently. But when Foster's voice erupted in my head, it took all my courage, restraint and the manly chivalry to remain calm. 

Wellllll.... if you don't count the minute when I almost peed my pants. But in my defense, I hadn't had a telepathic conversation in a while. 

This is how it went (The italic are the thoughts actually transmitted. Everything that isn't italicized is Keefe's inner thoughts):

Foster: Keefe!

Me: Did something speak in my mind? I think I'm finally going crazy... Well, daddy dearest won't want me now! HAHAHA-

Foster: KEEFE, KEEFE, I SWEAR, IF YOU ARE IGNORING ME RIGHT NO-

Me: Waaaaaaaaait a second... Foster? 

Foster: Yes! Oh my god, are you alright? Where are you?

Me: Aw, is the Mysterious Miss. F worried about me? I swear, she gets cuter every minute. 

Foster: Keefe, I didn't mean to, I swear. I did it, but I didn't want to. I had to do it to save people.

Me: Hang on, back the T-Rex up. What is she talking about? Wait a second. Ohh, yeah. Why she left. Is she being ridiculous? But... things are tough here. She is currently known as the Nation's Worst Traitor to mostly every elf here in the Lost Cities... Some even threatened to kill her if she showed up again.

Foster, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, don't come back. It's not safe for you here anymore. I don't know what to believe. I want to believe you didn't kill her. I... I don't know, Foster. Everyone's pretty clingy to the thought that you killed her, but... I know my Foster, and even if she did do it, she had her reasons. She isn't a murderer.