Special Chapter: Supposed Endgame

Note: I was originally supposed to write this chapter through Minra's POV but you've already read her POV so I decided last minute to do it in another perspective.

The talk about the Poly Relationship didn't happened but they still fought. Everything is the same as the Poly path aside from the poly relationship so this is more of a narration.

***

Everyone has their own beacon of hope. A something or someone that will light up the path when it's dark. Someone or something that will pull them out everytime they are nearing the edge of a cliff, preventing them from plummeting to their own grief and despair.

Minra was someone who they barely know but found themselves trusting with their own lives when they found themselves entangled in a predicament that could cause their mortality from one bad move, no second chances.

She was the girl that they only knew as Nam-ra's twin sister and Hyosan's archery prodigy. But throughout the time they spent surviving with each other, they saw her in a new light.

Jang Wujin had always seen her capabilities. Although he stood at the limelight and Minra wasn't aware of his existence, he has been always her fan. Her appearance and charm took his attention but he fell with her flaws.

She was not a perfect girl like other people perceives her. Those same people that failed to look behind the Mary Sue facáde she had mastered to put up. She was talented, yes. She was smart, yes. She has the looks, certainly yes. She's kind but has a strong personality, a hundred percent yes. When in fact, that was just the image she built around the real Minra. She was perfect but she's broken inside.

They didn't see the hardwork for every milestone she reaches, they just shrugs it off as her natural talent. They didn't see those dark bags underneath the layer of concealer from those nights that she didn't sleep because of catching up to school, instead they said that being smart is on their blood. They didn't see the pain on her eyes whenever someone addresses her as Nam-ra's twin sister. They couldn't see the pain on her eyes when they told her that she can't participate in the tournament because of her injury. But he did. He always notices.

Wujin was living on her sister's shadow too, something that both of them experiences and something that enables him to see under her facáde. But the difference between them was Minra was able to build her own name passed from being Nam-ra's twin sister. She succeeded in making her own branding while Wujin was still stuck behind her sister's shadow. But he never once felt bad for himself because he has his friends and his sister loves him so much.

He was contented with supporting her from the distance, happy even though he knew that she wasn't aware of his existence. But the apocalypse had change his view. When he saw Minra's unconscious body, so pale and unresponsive something had snapped inside of him, like a fuse has been switch on and his desire to pursue the girl he wants ignited. And for the first time, Wujin felt the urge to be competitive. He doesn't want to lose her and he's determined to be with her.

So when he felt the teeth of the zombie sinking on his neck, his rich blood gushing out like a geyser as his scream reverberates around the streets, he felt as if being with her is not really destined for him, like the destiny is the one doing everything for them to become separated.

The blinding pain didn't left and the blood didn't stop from gushing out even after the weight was pulled away from him, Ha-ri lying him down the streets as he gasps for air.