Chapter 16

Dae-su slowly slides the door open, peaking his upper body first to check the hallway, Wujin followed as we await for their signal that it was clear.

However, Dae-su suddenly slides in the floor, trembling as he and Wujin scutter to go inside and pushes the door close again.

"Fuck, I could've been killed." Dae-su trembles.

"Why? What did you see?" I asks, walking closer to the two to peel the paper on the window to take a look while Wujin scrambles to keep the door close.

"There's still one left." Dae-su answered.

True to his word, there is indeed one zombie near the broadcasting room but it's acting strange. Stranger than the other zombies. It was just standing there, facing the post as it bash its head repeatedly. I place my ears close to the door, hearing the sound from the speaker still going on.

"Maybe it's deaf?" Su-hyeok suggested silently.

"Minra-yah," I hummed when Wujin calls me, sticking the paper back to cover the door to look down at him since him and Dae-su were still slumped on the floor in front of the door.

"About the selective sight..." he trailed, "How can you be so sure that it can be true?"

"By percentage?" I asks to which he nodded, "Maybe 47.4676432%? I don't really have a basis on that aside from Coach Kang, I-sak, and Min-ji. I'm just purely theorizing."

"Can we risk the remaining 52%?" I turn to Su-hyeok when he asks, "We can't stay any longer, the music will going to end."

I started to think deeply, "I don't know. Typically, if the uncertain number is larger than the certain, we shouldn't. We won't really know if we didn't try."

"But should we trust you?" On-jo asks. I didn't answer because I didn't even trust myself that often.

"I trust her," Jihyun and Nam-ra said in unison.

"Me too." Wujin second the motion.

"I trust you," Su-hyeok said and when I look at him, he's looking at me.

"Of course, I trust her," Dae-su even nodded for emphasize.

While half of them fully trusted me, the others seemed reluctant, "I guess..."

"As overwhelming as it is that you trust me but what do you mean you trust me? For what?" I asked. I'm not really getting their point here.

"When you said about the Selective Eyesight. We'll sneak behind his back," Su-hyeok looks at Dae-su, "Take the others and walk pass him as careful as possible. I'll do anything I can from behind."

"Wait," I stop them before they could move, "Should we really do that?"

"Do you have anything to suggest?" Hyo-ryung asks me.

I look down at the sharp scissors in my hand, the scissors who provided me comfort and saved me earlier, "I can go and sneak behind its back and I guess stab it in its head? It's better than all of us sneaking behind him. It's like walking in an eggshell."

"Minra-yah. You promised. No sacrifices." Jihyun reminded me.

"Okay," I sighed, "Just do whatever you guys said earlier."

Dae-su was the first one to walk out, followed by Hyo-ryung, On-Jo, Jimin, Nam-ra, Jihyun then me while the other boys are behind me. We are all crouch low, barely breathing as we tip toe pass the snarling zombie.  As we get close, my nose started itching and I have to pull my hand from Jihyun's hold and cover my nose as well as my mouth.