Chapter 24

Third Person's POV

They were all huddled around the fire. Minra sat in between Su-hyeok and Wujin as she stares at the fire in front of them. It was crackling and warm. She was still wrapped with the blanket, seemingly deep in thought.

"Dae-su yah," Su-hyeok started which broke the silent atmosphere. The guy hummed, half asleep, "How's your audition?"

"They wanted me to lose weight," Dae-su answered somberly.

"Well, you're a good singer. You should sing for us," he requested.

"Just forget it, I don't want to." The bear guy whined.

"I want to hear it too. It's really quiet and I think it's a great time for some music," Minra encourages the big (and soft) guy, a sincere smile now plastered on her lips.

"But I really don't want to."

"Come on, Dae-su yah, I really like it when you sing," Wujin pushes him.

Dae-su looks at her best friend because it's not everyday that he hears his best friend compliments him. Their friendship consists of making fun of each other, "Really? You like it?"

Wujin nodded, "It'll cheer us up."

Dae-su clear his throat before starting to sing. Minra felt herself melt in his voice, eyes starting to water as the lyrics hit her hard.

The song is really fitting for what's happening right now. Jimin joined first, Hyo-ryeong follows next. One by one, all of them starts to sing aside from the twins who just watch them silently.

Minra closes her eyes, feeling the breeze blowing her hair backwards as she feels the song.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jihyun asks her bestfriend who's smiling at her.

"I never imagine that Cheon Jihyun, the student who rarely attends classes and find studying infuriating is revising her notes with me. I guess I'm the good influencer between the two of us, " the girl explained, pride laces her tone.

A book suddenly hit Minra straight to her face, "Stop looking at me like that, you creephead. I'm going to stop hanging out with you if you persist."

Minra glared at her, "You're always so brutal~" she shuffles on her bed, sitting up as she look at Jihyun who's currently sat on her study table as she was revising her notes a.k.a copying Minra's notes.

"How about this? We'll promise that we'll go to college together and get successful together? Then when we grow up and both have our own family, our children could be the best of friends." she smiles, imagining the future but a ballpen hit her forehead.

"You don't even have a boyfriend yet and you're thinking about starting a family now!" she scolded her.

Minra pouted, "Just promise me. Everything that we're going to accomplish, it's together or not at all."

Jihyun starts thinking slowly to infuriate the lass but she never stop smiling so she sighed, "Fine, together or not at all."

Minra couldn't help but to smile at the bittersweet memory. When she opens her eyes, she could see Jihyun standing behind On-jo, smiling at her proudly before disappearing like a wisp of air. Maybe it is really time to let her go. Letting go doesn't mean forgetting everything they had gone through. It just simply means that she's ready to move forward and live like what she had promised Jihyun. Maybe being bitten by Gwi-nam is not something that she really should mourn but she should embrace instead. This is like her second life, a second chance to live the life she promised Jihyun to live back when everything's still okay.