Chapter 11

I found myself silent after, with both of my legs tucked together as I hug it closer to me. Typically, I'm not one to shut up, even if I'm alone, I tend to talk to myself to fill up the silence.

I hate silence...

Because in silence, there's fear, there's the thoughts that claws in your mind until you cannot control it.

But today, I'm starting to find myself unable to speak. The thoughts are loud even if I speak. Today had took a major shift. Who knew that zombies would infiltrate our school today? Who knew that we're about to face life and death situation not only once and surely not the end of it when we woke up?

I begged the destiny to at least be kind to me today but I think the destiny likes to play with me---with all of us.

"I didn't hear anything," my head turn to Cheong-san who decided to break the silence after a long time of us not speaking at all, "I couldn't hear anything."

He's so calm yet his eyes shows too much of emotion at once. How could he handle that?

"Like what?" Su-hyeok asks what's probably floating on our mind.

"After Nayeon went out and Ms. Park went out after her. I didn't hear anything after that?" the former explained.

"You mean screaming?" Su-hyeok asks to which Cheong-san nodded to.

"Maybe they didn't die, then," Dae-su suggested, "They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were bitting them. They must be alive"

Who even wants to be bitten by those monsters? I didn't. Ms. Park and Lee Nayeon must've survived, then. Good for them.

"Why won't you respond? I'm always talking to myself," he sighed, bowing his head as he focuses in fiddling his nails instead.

"I think you're right." On-jo suddenly agrees.

"Forget it." but Dae-su waved her off.

"I didn't hear anything either." she ignores his sulking. The pink vest girl agreed,

"I was scared because I didn't know how I'd feel if I heard them screaming, but I didn't hear anything." she admitted.

"Come to think of that, neither did I." Joon-yeong spoke.

"Then I'm right? They're alive, right?" Dae-su asks, hope gleaming in his eyes.

I hummed, "Yes, Dae-su. They should be alive."

False. or it could also be true. But giving him hope will at least clear whatever feeling is eating him--eating all of us. I can see how he's attached with Ms. Park. He cried when he saw her first and he was about to run after her when she left.

In this time of hardship, everyone of us needed something to hold onto, even if there's a possibility that it wasn't going to happen. Hope is what we need right now.

"Should she be?" I slowly turn to Jimin when she spoke, "She's s murderer. She killed Gyeong-su and walked out on her own. Is it right or her to be alive? Aren't you all being pretentious?"

"What about Ms. Park?" Woojin butted in, "Should she have died too?"

"Is that our fault?"

"Regardless, it happened because of us." Woojin reasoned out.

"What? What did we do?" Jimin exasperates, "Lee Nayeon killed someone and played the victim and left on her own. Because we didn't listen to her? If no one's on your side, is it okay to kill? Ms. Park talked as if we were in the wrong. We didn't tell Lee Nayeon to go out there. We didn't tell Ms. Park to go out there, either. Why should we feel bad? Fuck, what the hell did we do wrong?"