Chapter 18

"You know, this reminds me of the time when we were getting punished. Mom would always put us on time-out if we fight," I commented as we stare at the bare wall in front of us. Nam-ra and I sat on the farthest corner, opposite to where the others are sitting. We were just there, staring at the blood-spluttered wall, "It's like we're back in the past again but this time, we are being punished for wanting to survive."

"Lee Su-hyeok," Nam-ra suddenly uttered which confuses me. What does it have to do with Lee Su-hyeok? "I like him."

I was dumbfounded, "W-well. I---You,"

Nam-ra squeezes my hand, "No, you have to let me finish first before you react."

I felt her heave a sigh, "I had liked Lee Su-hyeok since I first saw him. He was the only one who approaches me and although he doesn't really call me by name, he's one of those few who treats me kindly," she started, "And then, you came to our classroom to borrow something to me and then he saw you. When he learned that we were twins, he couldn't stop asking me about you. I-I got jealous and mad because I rarely have a crush but he turns out to like my twin sister."

She wasn't looking at me but I was looking at her, searching for any emotion on her face but I saw none, "But then, I came home to a puppy that you adopted despite of Mom not wanting pets in our house. You disobeyed Mom because you wanted me to become happy for being stressed at school. I hated myself back then, for even thinking that I hated my twin sister because of a guy."

"And then Cheon Jihyun came and you started to hang out with her more than me. You tell her things that you used to only say to me. We were so used to each other's presence so when you started hanging out less with me, I felt alone. We were each other's best friend but you found another one while I'm stucked being alone," A tear fell down her cheeks but she immediately wipe it down.

"Nam-ra I---"

"No, stop, I'm not done yet," she interrupted me before sighing, "I started avoiding you because I thought that you don't want anything to do with me. I struggled but I got used to being alone. I started resorting to cigarettes, and that's when you found out."

I'm drinking a cup of water at the middle of the night and I swear, all of my senses were heightened because I could hear anything. Why do I have to get thirsty at 3 AM at all time?!

As I finish my glass of water, I heard the door opens and close, shuffling could be heard from the living room. My eyes widen in terror as my hand falter and I froze in my spot. What if it's a thief? Or worse, ghost? Nah, ghost won't open and closes the door, they're just going to go through the walls. But what if it's a murderer?

Since I wasn't that stupid. I didn't go to investigate. My phone's upstairs, I'm just going to call the cops or mom. I should also warn Nam-ra to lock her door and not get out.

With a very careful step, I grab the sandwich I made as I tip toe towards the stairs. I don't know how long I'm going to wait so might as well be prepared and have a little snack.

To get to the stairs, I'm going to need to go to the living room but I will have enough time to run up and to my room. I'm quite a fast runner although I'm just too lazy most of the time.

As I near the foot of the stairs, the shuffling gets louder and just as I made a step to climb the stairs, a person step from the darkness.

It was Nam-ra. I tried peeking through her shoulder, "Nam-ra, are you being held hostage right now?" I ask quietly as I try to spot any figure hiding on the dark behind Nam-ra.

"What do you mean?" she asks with furrowed brows.

I blinked, "Did you find any stranger lurking in the living room seconds ago?"